This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

cancelled untill the weather gets better
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »
3 custys so far have cancelled so far because of the rain. any one else had any cancel.ho and odd one or two have commented has to the weather and may leave it untill it gets better >:(

Marc Stock

Re: cancelled untill the weather gets better
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:26:55 pm »
Yeah i have lost a few £ this month due to cancelations. It has been bad though...i mean its not suprising really is it

dave f

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:17 pm »
may have been better if it snowed  ;D

ALF.LEVER

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:48:46 pm »
Once they have cancelled move on to next customer who understands you have to pay bills and morgate, we don't deal with people like that anymore unless you have to ,but we work 12 months of year .

dave the rave

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »
So far not  one person has mention not doing the windows in the rain or leave it until the weather changes .maybe I am doing it right who knows

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »
3 custys so far have cancelled so far because of the rain. any one else had any cancel.ho and odd one or two have commented has to the weather and may leave it untill it gets better >:(

"No problem, we'll take you off the round and move someone up from the waiting list; give us a call when you want us to come again and we'll try to fit you back in the round".

Some say "OK", some panic and ask you to come.  The ones who say "OK" aren't customers any more, the panickers learn that you need to clean all year.

Vin

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:33:40 pm »
From my experience once a customer does this then they start changing the rules, Monthly becomes Bi monthly, all year becomes seasonal cleaning.
I remove from list and replace, when you meet them or they contact you, which they very rarely do then explain, i never get into a debate on the doorstep

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 06:13:44 pm »
NEXT PLEASE .................... bye bye dont call us we wont call you  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
NEXT PLEASE .................... bye bye dont call us we wont call you  ;D

talking of which i have been calling you........pick up

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »
Quite simply, if they all did it and you haven't managed to put enough money away, the bills don't get paid.  Such customers are causing the business to be a bit less competitive.

dotty

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 06:57:13 pm »
had one myself this week they said don't bother doing them with all the rain we have had come back in spring he said am not cancelling
p doherty

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »
ive not had one cancellation due to bad weather!ive also been putting up prices!not lost one yet!

maybe i was just born lucky! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »
Greedy bar stewards springs to mind . Mike

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »
It is entirely up to individuals how they operate their business. Makes me laugh though when some cleaners seem so inflexible after all it is the paying customer that decides when they want their windows cleaned not the other way around. ;D

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 09:30:36 pm »
Funny lot aren't they, yet we did a new clean in an ultra heavy shower today.  We'd have normally waited in the van till it eased off, but it was the last job of the day and we just wanted to get it done.

The customer bank transferred the money to our account while were doing it.

gary999

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 09:31:04 pm »
Had few cancellations over the bad weather period,but nothing
to really worry me.

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:41:53 pm »
It is entirely up to individuals how they operate their business. Makes me laugh though when some cleaners seem so inflexible after all it is the paying customer that decides when they want their windows cleaned not the other way around. ;D

So when you get new customers, do you ask them what frequency they'd like?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Perfect Windows

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »

Interesting, the differences in opinion.  I started with an attitude like yours and marvelled at some of the views expressed on here but as time's gone on I've hardened my attitude.  Part of it is just wanting simple customers who don't argue but the main part of it is that we need customers who want us to be in business.  Someone who cancels because it might rain is not, in my opinion, a customer.  they are someone who occasionally wants their windows done.  Four or five of those a month at our prices and we're £100 down.  It's OK being flexible, but at a cost of £100 when there are a thousand customers out there who do want a regular service?

I have parts of my round that I call "mature".  Those are the ones where the duffers have been weeded out and the ones left just want me to clean and to pay promptly.  Those days are stress-free and we earn well.  The franchisees are still working through them.

One area where I still disagree with opinions on here is that we give people "permission" to drop us.  So "Give us a call if you need us" is another way of saying "I'm giving you a way out".  It's minor, but it does mean that, as far as I'm aware, we don't have any ex-customers saying, "Yeah, they just stopped coming".

Vin

C o z y

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 09:49:12 pm »
Thanks Vin, saves me doing all that typing.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 10:53:34 pm »
Like I said it is up to you how you operate your business but myself I have no problem being flexible with some that don't want their windows cleaned in winter months.

Interesting, the differences in opinion.  I started with an attitude like yours and marvelled at some of the views expressed on here but as time's gone on I've hardened my attitude.  Part of it is just wanting simple customers who don't argue but the main part of it is that we need customers who want us to be in business.  Someone who cancels because it might rain is not, in my opinion, a customer.  they are someone who occasionally wants their windows done.  Four or five of those a month at our prices and we're £100 down.  It's OK being flexible, but at a cost of £100 when there are a thousand customers out there who do want a regular service?

I have parts of my round that I call "mature".  Those are the ones where the duffers have been weeded out and the ones left just want me to clean and to pay promptly.  Those days are stress-free and we earn well.  The franchisees are still working through them.

One area where I still disagree with opinions on here is that we give people "permission" to drop us.  So "Give us a call if you need us" is another way of saying "I'm giving you a way out".  It's minor, but it does mean that, as far as I'm aware, we don't have any ex-customers saying, "Yeah, they just stopped coming".

Vin