This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lizj

wheelie bin
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:18:30 pm »
I carry out holiday change overs for s complex of holiday flats( about4-5). They have asked me to clean their wheelie bins once a month and asked how much would I change?. I have entered a search on here to make the questionhas not aalready been asked snd came up with environmental issue. These are household size bins and I was going to use some household disinfectant. ?. Can anybody give me some advice regarding the procedure and price? Thank you in advance . The flats are up a hill  down quite a few steps from the flats ..is the bins are kept very close to the road .

Smurf

Re: wheelie bin
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:17:49 am »
If you clean out bins you will have to comply with regs including having a lic to do so.

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:27 am »
just throw some soapy water in them, give them a brush , rinse , job done.     then just put some wheely bin liners in them.       ;D 8)

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:47:15 am »
Yep I would probably take the risk for only half a dozen bins too.
But after saying that if you get caught (grassed up) you could face a hefty fine  ;D

Bill.upnw

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:53:08 am »
Wow you need a license to clean a bin?! Did not no that, thats crap

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
Here is a typical setup that is compliant with the regs.  The vid also show the proccedure to cleaning a bin as any waste/dirty water must remains contained in the unit. The reason why you need a lic to operate is so to control where you dump the solid waste & dirty water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwtl6-C-ug0

lizj

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply,  think I wilk have to look into licence thing!!!

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 10:28:51 pm »
To be honest I sometimes use customer’s wheelie bins as a buffer tank for pressure washing their drives and patios when I can’t be arse to setup my own. So if grubby inside it gets a free clean if need be beforehand then a quick rinse down afterwards. I've made myself a ballcock valve that just clips onto the opening of the lid so the bin doesn’t overfill. The weird thing is you don’t need a lic to clean hard surfaces in England using a pressure washer but you do if you clean bins.

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 09:48:31 am »
Just get the local bin cleaner to do it maybe. The only issue is the "disposal of contaminated water" which should go to a foul run. How do you propose clean these bins as I'm sure the council won't have much to say for a couple of bins. Bin cleaners get grief because they dump water into storm runs