This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

herbiefatboy

PUMP BURNOUT (please help)
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:55:04 pm »
HI ALL .IF YOU DO NOT USE A VARISTREAM WILL THE PUMP BURNOUT IS IT THE THE SWITCH THAT GOES ONLY I HAVE BURNT  2 PUMPS OUT IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS  SO HERE IS THE QUESTION WHAT DO VARISTREAM DO TO STOP BURNOUT .HOW MUCH ARE THEY TO BUY  AND FINALLY  WHERE FROM THANKS

Roy Harding

Re: PUMP BURNOUT (please help)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:59:35 pm »
It is the switch that burns out, the pump is still ok.

The varistream bypasses the switch, so you could stil use the same pump also being able to contol water flow from a drip to full flow.

Roy

jeff evans

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:01:26 pm »
Hi.

What make of pump are you using.?
Only gardiner use FLOJET PUMPS and say that a varistream is not required with these pumps.

Cheers Jeff.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 06:02:28 pm »
thanks roy thats a great help can you use the pump with the switch burnt out with a varistream if you see what i mean thanks again

herbiefatboy

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 06:04:59 pm »
hi jeff it is a flojet and it is the second one you can see on the top of pump where it has melted a bit thanks for your help

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:07:03 pm »
Yes you can.

Roy

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:00 pm »
Have a look here for an explanation of why the pressure switches burn out and what the Varistream does

http://www.freedomwfp.co.uk/varistream.html

We are doing them at £64.00 plus VAT and delivery.  

Have a look at the contact page on the site if you would like one from us. Its a very good price indeed.

Cheers

Andrew

herbiefatboy

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 06:15:08 pm »
hi andrew how do i buy one of you and are they easy to wire up also how much to deliver to norwich thanks darren

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 06:22:24 pm »
had the same problem myself with my shurflo pump
because i down down the flow on my hose pipe i burnt it out

cost me £24 to get repaired and i now use a varistream which has rectified the problem
(you learn by your mistakes, should have fitted 1 in the first place)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »
We can take payment by card over the phone, cheque or any other method. We even have a paypal account but would have to charge a small percentage to cover their rotten costs. Delivery isnt that much at all..  whatever it is via the mail. Just cant remember right now coz i am at home... sneaked away from the office early today :)

Andrew

OOps and yes they are very easy to wire up. If you are in doubt at all you can always give us a call. We have qualified electricians on staff :)

H h20

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 06:41:15 pm »
We can take payment by card over the phone, cheque or any other method. We even have a paypal account but would have to charge a small percentage to cover their rotten costs. Delivery isnt that much at all..  whatever it is via the mail. Just cant remember right now coz i am at home... sneaked away from the office early today :)

Andrew

OOps and yes they are very easy to wire up. If you are in doubt at all you can always give us a call. We have qualified electricians on staff :)
Hi Andrew,i may be interested in a varistream,but i need a few questions answered first can you email me your number,Gaz
camper1@tiscali.co.uk

herbiefatboy

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 06:45:48 pm »
hi andrew have you got a phone number on your webb site and what time do you get  there in the morning thanks darren

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 06:54:05 pm »
Yes there is a phone number on the website on the contact page.

Its 01472 347519.

I usually get to the office at 9.  I am usually working from home from 7 though  :(

Cheers

Andrew

herbiefatboy

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 07:10:04 pm »
it that number your home number only i have usual started work by 9

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 07:45:32 pm »
Hi darren

No mate thats my office number. My home number is 01469 533112  You can get me on that one up till 9 at night and from 7.30 in the morning.

Andrew