Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

marts - Martin Reed

advertising - what do you find best
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:27:58 pm »
what do you find is the best way to get more contracts?... i've used google, yell.com, telephone, cold-calling..

what do you find the most effective root?

BSF

Re: advertising - what do you find best
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35:50 pm »
google adwords, without a doubt!
Regards

BSF

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:40:37 pm »
don't you find that expensive? i was on there for 4 months and had 1 enquiry and loads off people asking for jobs?

what success rate do u get? is that pay per click?

BSF

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:46:02 pm »
Yes Martino,

No its not expensive ;D

It's pay per click, I get a very good response off them, I run my own website so I can see what search terms are being entered into google, I've had alot of work from it, for a very small outlay... :o

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:50:35 pm »
don't you find that expensive? i was on there for 4 months and had 1 enquiry and loads off people asking for jobs?

what success rate do u get? is that pay per click?

Same as me, 3 months and nothing >:(

chris

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 10:03:26 pm »
Thanks Paul - but don't you get lots of job-seekers and timewasters, racking up the pounds as they click-away? Any recommendations on key-words to use to avoid that, and maximise on reaching the ideal target market? I've used all of the obvious key-words, but seem to still attract those looking for work! ::)

BSF

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:35:04 pm »
Thanks Paul - but don't you get lots of job-seekers and timewasters, racking up the pounds as they click-away? Any recommendations on key-words to use to avoid that, and maximise on reaching the ideal target market? I've used all of the obvious key-words, but seem to still attract those looking for work! ::)

Hi Martino,

I'm surprised cleaners go onto google to find work ::)

I spend approximately £15 per month on adwords, I usually receive about 3 enquiries per week from it, it has generated an average of £200 monthly, but off one enquiry it secured a job worth £20,000 per year which I have recently negotiated a 3 year contract.

Regards

Paul     
Regards

BSF

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:42 pm »
hi paul

i was trying to get on the 1st page - what page do u come up on normally?
whats ur website?

if u don't mind me asking

BSF

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 10:55:24 pm »
If I told you that I'd have to kill you  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I dont wanna do that :(

I'd get into trouble :-\
Regards

BSF

Eureka Ventures

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 05:27:25 pm »
Martino

Alas you're about a fortnight too late!

Karl of CMS would have generously answered your questions.

Apparently he has deleted his account and I haven't checked to see whether or not his posts are still accessible. If they are, you could do worse than read through them for some ideas.

Freddie
A consistently good service

BSF

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 08:52:35 pm »
hi paul

i was trying to get on the 1st page - what page do u come up on normally?
whats ur website?

if u don't mind me asking

Hi Martino,

As I said adwords is very good if you use it right, if you choose one of your keywords to be office cleaners, then that is a high cost per click to get you on to the first page, try choosing office cleaners
(your area) think what your customers would enter in to Google to find your services, this post by the way:

If I told you that I'd have to kill you ;D ;D ;D ;D

I dont wanna do that :(

I'd get into trouble :-\

was my sense of humour coming out, I choose not to advertise my company on this forum for various reasons, I do get a first page listing on various key words, like I said it does work for me.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Prestige1

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 09:37:40 pm »
Paul
How much have you set for the peramiters ie £5 per day how much per click? regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

BSF

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 10:04:25 pm »
Hi Phil,

My current budget is £2.50 per day, my max cost per click is currently set at 50p although I change this quite often, sometimes to as low as 5p, as other companys also change their bids to suit, most of the work I get from google is one off cleans (end of tenancy, new builds, spring cleans) I am in the process of having another web site done for me, to appeal to larger customers, I have learnt to write html and built my own web site but i'm no designer, its ok but not as professional as I would like it to be, as I stated before the average I pay is £15 per month, compared to yell.com (about £33 per month) its very good value, one thing to note is that other cleaning companys will click on your sponsored link and use up your budget for the day, then your not listed, it does happen.
I do have a first page listing on google (not sponsored) for certain search words, google is the hardest search engine in my opinion to get listed for free on, it can take up to 3 months after submission.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Prestige1

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:54 pm »
I have listed today set it at £5 per day and upto 50p per click, looks good to me, I have come out of yellow pages this year to try and save some dosh, never seamed to get a return, have various other ways but this sounds ok, thanks for your advice and info. kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 09:19:37 am »
prestige1

be careful though, i was getting £400 per month bills doing that, and no return... just keep an eye on it

Prestige1

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 02:00:34 pm »
Thanks I will.
Who Dares Wins

BSF

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 05:55:19 pm »
Why has Martino deleted his account????
prestige1

be careful though, i was getting £400 per month bills doing that, and no return... just keep an eye on it

That go's without saying! it helps if you have access to your site stats, you can view how many clicks your getting from google and the search term/s entered.

You do have to keep an eye on it and lower/raise your budget to suit, I check most days and amend my bids/budget.

Regards

Paul ;D
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 05:59:17 pm »
Martino, when I posted that last one, you were listed as a guest!

Now your back to normal!

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »
I noticed that too  :o  :o

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 07:57:35 pm »
i haven't deleted my account  ??? ??? ???