This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Lewis

Mains Pressure??
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:10:23 pm »
Help!!!
I have just purchased V4P Ionic System !  Got up in morning to fill Van and noticed that Pressure was only 30PSI from main supply!! . when  first tested my Home Water Mains it showed a reading of 65PSI + ? now few weeks later, and spending what feels my life savings on a unit apparently my water level has dropped by half !!!  Although I have not noticed a dramatic change especilaly 50%  and without the correct pressure it will damage the RO Unit .  Option  Is a Quick Fill Booster Pump fitted into Van at a additional cost of over £1000.

Can anyone help advise what would be my best and affordable alternative, other than travelling back to Swindon and having something fitted which i feel should of been pointed out in first place??.

Obvious solution i believe would be a Stand a lone Booster Pump?  can someone point me in the right direction.

DCL Window Cleaning.
DCL

craig21t

Re: Mains Pressure??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:13 am »
Where are you getting the pressure readings from? After the pre-filters? If so, these could be blocked causing the pressure drop.

Dean Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:30:19 am »
The reading is straight from mains before the filter process!  Been advised that pressure going through the Filters should be around 60PSI?

Thanks.
DCL

gleamtecwindows.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:06:04 am »
did you check that water wasn't running inside of house at the time of checking pressure.  washing machine, shower, dish washer,  that takes the pressure down,,,

Dean Lewis

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:04:16 pm »
Pretty confident no other usage was being called for. I am now going to check it again, 1pm in the afternoon everyone should be at work so I should have what pressure there is pretty much too myself!!!

Cheers..
DCL

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 05:11:41 pm »
Find pump supplier ask for advice on correct booster pump and fit yourself, i did cost £250 + vat, and it work a treat ;D

Tom ling

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »
would not be buying a booster pump for a THOUSAND POUNDS!!!!!!!
iv got a purefreedom one im plumbing in this weekend for about 150 pounds, i know its not the same scale as ionics but as long as i get pure water  :)