This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

Post Office
« on: March 20, 2006, 06:54:57 pm »
I use self addresed envelopes for my customers to post cheques back.

Today the post man knocked the door and had one in his hand with out a stamp, he said the charge is £1.21. >:(

So I said keep it as its a cheque for  window cleaning and Ill charge them twice next time. Had it been the price of a first class stamp all well and good, but £1.21.

Roy ;D

williamx

Re: Post Office
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
Roy

You should of paid it and passed the charge plus you charge(£10) onto the customer.

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:05:42 pm »
Will

You think like my wife ;D ;D

Thats what she said.

Roy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 03:27:12 pm »
happened a few times to me from different customers.
they havent done it since as i just added it on to their bill, which they didnt like! ;D
i have the option on my slips to call me and i will collect, although no-one ever does so they shouldnt moan about the stamp price.
somw w/cs put stamps on all their envelopes--sod that!!

busydaffodil

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 04:15:29 pm »
The post office charge a flat fee of £1 for any envelope with not enough postage on for its weight.

So if you send off for a borchure & they under stamp it by 1p, you'll get charge £1.01 by the post office.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:16:50 pm »
The post office charge a flat fee of £1 for any envelope with not enough postage on for its weight.

So if you send off for a borchure & they under stamp it by 1p, you'll get charge £1.01 by the post office.

That's news to me.  How long they been doing that then?  They used to charge double the price it would cost to send.

williamx

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:13 pm »

That's news to me.  How long they been doing that then?  They used to charge double the price it would cost to send.

They being doing it for a couple of years now I think

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 07:22:52 pm »
I use self addresed envelopes for my customers to post cheques back.

Today the post man knocked the door and had one in his hand with out a stamp, he said the charge is £1.21. >:(

Roy ;D

Roy,

I've had similar, but worse!  (Sorry for being 'Billy two-sheds').

I went through a short phase of dishing envelopes out with no stamp.

Then I had a 'note' from the postman saying he tried to deliver a letter but no-one was in and there was a similar charge, and that I had to collect the letter from the local post office collection point.

Intrigued by what it could be, I headed straight down there and found after paying one-pound-something that it was a cheque for £6.00 from one of my customers who was too stupid to stick a stamp on the envelope I provided.

I use stamps now.  They're tax-deductable!

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 08:55:48 pm »
Tosh

I left one in envelope in someones porch, dam  postman came along thought it was mail. He took it and I paid him the charge open it and it was empty. :(

Paid for an empty envelope.

Ps did Tomo get in touch?

Roy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 09:41:42 pm »
Good grief! You chaps molly-coddle your customers don't you?

Mine get a coloured slip of paper (4 per A4 sheet so the width of A4 x a quarter of A4 height.)

No envelope/no stamp/and certainly no collection!

Coloured paper so that it gets noticed and when it's dapped down on the kitchen worktop or the mantle-piece it catches their eye!

And they have to send it back with their cheque/or with the cash they put through my door so that Mr Smith's cheque/cash gets cleared against the right Mr Smiths account.

Even my small commercials (£20/£30 level) get the same bill/receipt and pay out of petty cash.

Larger commercials get an invoice.
It's a game of three halves!