This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lets do this another way...
« on: March 19, 2006, 11:10:59 pm »
This is my situation.

95% domestic round, 2 of us working together.
Currently using a  car for work.
Upstaires only WFP

What system do you recommend?

gaza

Re: Lets do this another way...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:37:18 pm »
TROLLEY SYSTEM,BACK PACK ON LIGHT TROLLEY

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:14:52 am »
Small tank in boot of car (125litres), 60 meters microbore, 18ft pole (to start with), 100gpd Ro-unit (if on good water pressure) at home pumping into 2x 210litre water butts with submersible pump(or second-hand 1000litre IBC if you have the space).

This system is cheap to set up, is adaptable (you may think that you will only use it on upstairs but within a year you will be using it on a lot, lot more), you can add bigger tanks, more poles, hoses, etc and even increase your water output.

The above is easiest option if you are looking at waterfed pole work for more than 2 years,

...................but everyone will have their own idea, which is why ultimately you have to decide what will work for you, it is your desicion, everybody's set-up is slightly different.

Alex

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:49:16 pm »
Trolley (sack truck)

with 6 - 8 25 L barrels in car (4 will fit int he footspace behind the front seats)

50 or 60 gall per day RO sat in a small shed with 2x 210litre water butts, leave RO running most days (i run my RO for each day a work)

http://d.co.uk

total build for the system under 500 quid now (using industry standard pump, brush, pole and RO), what have you got to lose

check out the DIY forum ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 05:39:58 pm »
Small tank in boot of car (125litres), 60 meters microbore, 18ft pole (to start with), 100gpd Ro-unit (if on good water pressure) at home pumping into 2x 210litre water butts with submersible pump(or second-hand 1000litre IBC if you have the space).

Alex

Sounds good, but what about parking problems?

I think this system would only be suitable if you can get your vehicle close(ish) to your work.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 05:45:35 pm »
This is my situation.

95% domestic round, 2 of us working together.
Currently using a  car for work.
Upstaires only WFP

What system do you recommend?

It's got to be the backpack.

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 06:20:09 pm »
Small tank in boot of car

would a tank fit in the boot of a car, ive seen smallish APC's but i dont even think they would fit  ;D ;D ;D

Mick (UHPS)

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 06:20:52 pm »
Yep, I agree with Tosh...backpack. 8)

williamx

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:24:15 pm »
Go for 2 cars and setups, you will both earn more.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:44:36 pm »

The budget is £1000!

williamx

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 06:55:54 pm »

The budget is £1000!

What budget?

williamx

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 06:57:27 pm »

Alex

Sounds good, but what about parking problems?

I think this system would only be suitable if you can get your vehicle close(ish) to your work.

I got rid of my trolleys and backpacks, just use my van and 100m of microbore, had no problems yet.

billozz

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 10:31:27 pm »
we use 100mtrs of microbore and it really does go a lot further than you would expect, we can get from one end of some of our roads to the other with it. but  there should be a list of new laws relating to wfp and the first one is....

if the hose can snag on something it will.........

drives us bonkers, spend most of our time walking back to unsnag it.
also when reeling the hose in, it will only just fit onto a standard reel and it keeps slipping of the edge and this stops the *!&! thing from turning....also drives us mad
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other