This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kenstar

micro cloth
« on: March 19, 2006, 02:43:14 pm »
hi again people i have heard about people using micro cloth ? is this totally replaced leather and scrim trad and if so are they ready to use or do they need treated at all many thanks
in advance kenny mac

Richy L

Re: micro cloth
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:34:10 pm »
ive used the microfibre cloth before and i dont rate it much unless its used for leaded, it just needs to be damp and it works really well

kenstar

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 03:37:28 pm »
this site is full of helpfull members thanks for your reply on microcloth do i still need to run a scrim over the window after using micro?

regards ken

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 03:42:49 pm »
The big microfibre cloths are first rate! Easily superior to scrim, but they are one of those tools you have in your armoury, they don't replace the scrim in every area.

I think both scrim and microfibre easily replace the traditional leather though, both are longer lasting and harder wearing.

For wet work, such as sills and frames I prefer scrim, scrim can be wrung out and still be great to use.
Microfibre is better when fresh and fairly dry, but once wet and then wrung out it just isn't as good as scrim.
So I have both scrim and microfibre. microfibre for the fussy buffing work, and scrim for the more general tasks.
The big microfibre cloths have really come down in price now, they are only a little more expensive than scrim.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AdamSouth

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 04:34:34 pm »
i got my first micro cloth on thursday just to try it out (its one of the giant unger ones and cost bout 5quid) by end of play friday i was in love with it. i only used it to detail but i like the way its much softer and can really get in the corners. the other bonus is you can open a pack and use it with out messing around boiling it.
Giving you a better view

Filllllll

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:40:05 pm »
Wet scrim,  dry microfibre. Great results, especially if scrim wet with pure water.