This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

Drought orders and trade associations
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:28:54 am »
Do the trade associations intend to take up this issue?

Am not yet a member of any so maybe it isn't my place, but the last few weeks have raised the most serious threat to the WC industry to date and there has been no mention of this by the two.

From a marketing point of view alone, surely this situation is an opportunity for one (or both preferrably) to take the lead and be the mouthpiece for WC's.

Even writing to the newspapers would raise their own profile in the public eye. What an opportunity to get in touch with the local TV stations in the affected areas and get an interview. Highlighting the wastage of these waterboards and reassuring the public that their WFP WC's are not acting illegally or unethically.

Have the waterboards been contacted by them?

What is the official line of these two?

I feel the train is already slowly pulling out of the station on this one.
And its going without us.

Moderator David@stives

Re: Drought orders and trade associations
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:39:05 am »
I,ll let you handle this one andy

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:42:51 am »
I,ll let you handle this one andy

heehee r u Andy? Or do you think i am??

mark

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:48:24 am »
No
sorry mark

This issue is already being looked into by the APWC and we are in dialogue with the enviroment agency and the water authorities.

This issue has been discussed on this and other forums i will send you the links to them tommorrow

Thanks
Dave

poleman

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:50:34 am »
APWC will be proactive in all window cleaning issues facing the window cleaning industry, this has been the case with the issues with WFP users and the problems that might arise with a drought, at the moment we have open dialog with the relative government departments.

If you can look closer at some of the post on here or other forums this will be the case.

Andy  

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 12:50:39 am »
No
sorry mark

This issue is already being looked into by the APWC and we are in dialogue with the enviroment agency and the water authorities.

This issue has been discussed on this and other forums i will send you the links to them tommorrow

Thanks
Dave

nice 1 thank you

Steve Lowe

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 02:23:00 pm »
Hi Mark
           Yes the federation of window cleaners are dealing with this with the appropriate authorities and as soon as i have some answers i will post here and all the other forums so everyone is kept up to date ;)

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 02:32:48 pm »
Steve

It is nice to see some one here from the FED posting here at long last.

Maybe you will be posting more over on this side to keep your members upto date with developments.

Dave

macc

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 02:58:23 pm »
ill second that dave.

we get too much of i said this he said that, its bad enough having to work without the thought we can be banned from this, cant do that.

at the end of the day all we want is to get on & earn a living.

mac.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 03:39:50 pm »
Steve

It is nice to see some one here from the FED posting here at long last.

Maybe you will be posting more over on this side to keep your members upto date with developments.

Dave

Hi Dave
           I have never had a problem posting here and before starting my own forum was a moderator here. If there are any fed members here please feel free to ask away and i will do my best to answer ;)

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com