This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

is there any w/c in London
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:15:43 pm »
going to windex by coach,Ive never seen so many dirty windows  everyone black not just dirty but black,went to a pub just opposite Victoria coach station the windows were bogging, NOTICED I  think it was theGROVENER HOTEL BIG POSH LOOKING PLACE,BOGGING NET CURTAINS BOGGING WINDOWS.

ISIT CUS YOUVE GOT TO MUCH WORK?NOT ALLOWED TO PARK ANYWHERE OR ISIT NO WATER?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

neil100

Re: is there any w/c in London
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:47:27 pm »
Gazza, Whats all this Bogging about?

Does one require the use of a  Toilet?

I'm just going to have a look in the Dictionery.

Nel.

gaza

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:54:22 pm »
BOGGING MEANS  REALLY DIRTY

GAZA

KJG

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 12:43:11 am »
I noticed the same thing on my last trip through London in 2000 to the Dome. Really manky windows and frames on virtually every house ???

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 12:50:55 am »
There were a lot of window cleaners in london in the last couple of days. ;D

I think it down to a lot of places in london are red route so no stopping at all and a lot of places you will get clamped and towed and along with the conjestion charge it maybe puts people off.

Paul

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 07:21:46 am »
Thats certainly part of it but generally there is a shortage of WCs in London.
Think of it as window cleaning heaven. There are more windows per square mile here than  anyone could ever clean.
However,  in central London there is nowhere to park at all and a lot of the buildings are three story town houses converted into flats.

gaza

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 07:56:05 am »
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM PARKING,GOOD OLD KEN LIVINGSTON,SO NO  ONE CAN PARK CUS OF RED LINES APPROPIATE COLOUR FOR KEN.
IVE HEARD THEY ARE HAVING 3 YELLOW NO PARKING LINES IN IRELAND MEANING NO PARKING AT ALL,AT ALL,AT ALL ;D

GAZA

windolene

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 09:05:16 am »
Hi,

Partner wanted to start discussions on cleaning up in London. There is plenty of labour  about, just needs a couple of people who have been in the business to get things up & moving.

Genuine enqiuries to my email please.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 09:55:57 am »
i find the more into london you go the garder it is you need parking permits or sometimes its only for residents , and you couldnt do wfp cos streets are too narrow most are town houses which are terraced so you have to carry poles through peoples houses , and like mentiond before most places are converted into flats so its not worth your while cleaning a couple of windows and also the parking wardens are like hawks,

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

jayjackson

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 10:54:12 am »
Hi guys,

Parking is a big problem in London. Most of my clients live in areas with resident parking, which are split into zones. In a one mile radius, there are 8 zones >:(

I sweet talk clients into buying visitor vouchers, (which cost me £8 for ten), each voucher gives me 6 hours of parking in one zone. I pay for them, but they have to go to the town hall to get them, as they must provide evidence that they are a resident of said zone.

You can see that this is not cheap. On the up side, that's why you get good prices in London. ;D
London, Greater London, England, UK

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 12:16:31 pm »
As a Londoner born and bred I just wouldn't entertain the Idea of working in most parts of central London. The WCs who do are mainly doing the offices for big bucks.
The parking wardens are like vultures etc and its just not worth it.
But why bother with all that when there are miles and miles of suburbs around London where you can work instead.

I have know WCs come from as far away as South Wales to work a few days a week in London.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 10:11:08 pm »
i have a mate who knows someone that travels from nice once a month for a week to do london wc .

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 11:09:30 pm »
A few weeks back we went to visit my other half's sister in Whitechapel. Being bored I went out for a walk and got talking to a window cleaner doing shop windows along Whitechapel High Street opposite the London Hospital.

He said his books were packed solid and it's the same for other window cleaners he knew. I am certain he was telling the truth because at first he thought I was asking because he thought I was thinking of starting up in that area. He offered me quite a lot of work for nothing.

Parking around that area is not so much of a serious problem so anyone after work in the East End...

Also I don't know if this applies in other areas of the country but it does all around where I live, if you are a window cleaner and cleaning windows within sight of your vehicle then you cannot be given a ticket unless you are causing an obstruction or on double yellows etc.

I know that would not apply in the red route areas obviously.

Cheers

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:20 am »
that doesn't apply in London because there are no roads without parking restrictions. They have systematically reduced the whole of London to one big no parking zone on purpose. Side roads have residents parking areas but even then you can't find a space.
Parking tickets are big money earners for the various London Boroughs and the wardens often just photograph you and you don't know you have been caught until later. Even taxis dropping off or picking up passengers in the street get caught like that all the time now.
But saying that, there is a lot of work to be had if you move a little further out from the centre where there are more houses and less parking problems.
If anyone is interested I will give them all the help I can.