This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

leak from the water heater and hose reel
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:03:55 pm »
from the water heater to the hose reel i use a hot water hose 1/2'' with a http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Shut-Off-Coupling-with-12-Hose-Barb-QRM_SO_COUPLING_12.html  on each side with a hose clamp but still leaking  :'(
any help please?

Alex Gardiner

Re: leak from the water heater and hose reel
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:14:02 pm »
from the water heater to the hose reel i use a hot water hose 1/2'' with a http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Shut-Off-Coupling-with-12-Hose-Barb-QRM_SO_COUPLING_12.html  on each side with a hose clamp but still leaking  :'(
any help please?

Where is the setup leaking from? Is it the connectors or is it from where the hose fits the barb on the connector?

If it is the connection have you tried replacing the O ring seal?

If it is from the hose onto the barb have you double clipped it as is recommended?

ben M

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »
any help please?

Where is the setup leaking from? Is it the connectors or is it from where the hose fits the barb on the connector?

If it is the connection have you tried replacing the O ring seal?

If it is from the hose onto the barb have you double clipped it as is recommended?
the leak come from where the hose fits the barb on the connector
no, single jubilee clip, should i put a double o clip instead? if yes which one do i need to order?
Thanks Alex
Ben

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:37:41 am »
Don't use O clips.

You need one jubilee clip. If you want to be doubley sure use two. I have up on o clips on anything bigger than pole hose years ago and glad I did.

Use a socket to tighten the nut on the jubilee clip and not a
Screwdriver.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:58 am »
You can use either jubilee type clips or O clips. The important thing is to get 2 of them holding the hose on to the barb. Any connection that is hose to barb when using hot water must be double clipped.

The advantage of using jubilee clips is that they can easily be tightened - I would still recommend using two of them though.

ben M

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:01 am »
You can use either jubilee type clips or O clips. The important thing is to get 2 of them holding the hose on to the barb. Any connection that is hose to barb when using hot water must be double clipped.

The advantage of using jubilee clips is that they can easily be tightened - I would still recommend using two of them though.
ok great, thank you Alex and happy Christmas to you and your family  :)