This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

coliff

Internal Window Cleaning - Anyone ?
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:46:12 am »
Howdy folks,

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences with expanding their outside services to include internal works ? Seems to be fairly untapped market place but many clients may value inside/out service. Any thoughts ?

Re: Internal Window Cleaning - Anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:17:38 am »
many of us do.
i generally charge more for the insides though as i find it a bit of a pane(!)
that way if they want want it i'm handsomely rewarded for my inconvenience ;D

coliff

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:00:13 pm »
I am very new to the industry and am finding that the cleaning of insides never seems to have been offered...lucky for me. Any recommended products ??? Seems to be a minefield of vinegar or orange extracts !! :o :o :o

spotless2000

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 12:25:03 pm »
Hi

I would also welcome any advice, hints & tips regarding internal window cleaning.

I have just taken on a client who has asked for 3 or 4 internal cleans a year.

She is happy to pay double the external price.

I'm happy with applicator and squeegee but what about microfibre cloths?

What's the best way to use them?

Or is there a better way?

Cheers

Steve

windolene

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:55:22 pm »
Hi,

Sorry about short reply, but just use what you use outside apart from wfp.

But be careful not to drip dirty water on to light coloured carpets.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:31:08 pm »
sometimes you can get away with scriming the inside depending on how clean and weather someone smokes inside. Other than that jus use a mop an blade but use a towel 2 put down for drips.

Dave
Dave.

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 05:19:50 pm »
Howdy folks,

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences with expanding their outside services to include internal works ? Seems to be fairly untapped market place but many clients may value inside/out service. Any thoughts ?

Soon after i started my ex found this forum and i read on here to charge 2X the outside cost. I'd already done 3 or 4 insides for the same as outside and pretty much resented every second i was inside. But double the cost felt cheeky.
After trawling through loads of posts 2X seemed to be the way for the majority.
The next time i was asked about inside work i told them double the outside. No-one batted an eyelid. Even the ones i'd done at outside price were happy the next time round to pay double.
Charge double whatever. I haven't had 1 refusal charging double. Which may mean that my outside prices are too low. But that's another story....
I have charged a couple of customers 1 1/2 times outside but only if i could come back and do them whenever the next rains came.

good luck

RO-Sheen

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
I have only been window cleaning 4 weeks now but have 41 customers already! some of them have asked me to do indoors which I absoluately I hate. I tend to charge 150% ontop of the outside charge (ie £10 for outside £15 for inside, total £25.) but after reading the above suggestions I might charge twice as much for outside.
At least if it doesnt deter customers from wanting inside done it will compensate me a bit better!!

Anyway, I tend to soap up with the applicator and when squeegeeing, I run the applicator down the glass under the squeegee so all drips get caught!

Long live the WFP - Best move I ever made!!!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

KJG

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 02:17:43 am »
Hi

I would also welcome any advice, hints & tips regarding internal window cleaning.

I have just taken on a client who has asked for 3 or 4 internal cleans a year.

She is happy to pay double the external price.

I'm happy with applicator and squeegee but what about microfibre cloths?

What's the best way to use them?

Or is there a better way?

Cheers

Steve

I'd use leather and scrim - no mess or fuss. Also, protect yourself by asking/telling someone to follow you around. Stops any nonsense before it starts like - "Where's my watch love? I don't know but it was there before the window cleaner came today!!!"

spotless2000

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 08:20:20 am »
Thanks for all the advice. ;)

Steve