Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Chapman

Re: Advice on vouchers
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:21 pm »
I've been to jobs where the customer has been overjoyed at the clean and then slagged of the last carpet cleaner and I've known it's been me that did it  :o , and also knew i did a good job.  ;D

Some people just like to have a good moan, it does make you wonder what people really say when you're gone !

Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 02:43:59 pm »
I've got lots of spaces before Xmas, which will all fill up as time goes on.

I can't see why it's some sort of badge of honour to say you are booked up, all it means is you are letting Down all the people who call,

hull must be different to the rest of England as I've spoken to 5 carpet cleaners over the last week all have spaces  to fill, either this area is different or the carpet cleaners don't have inferiority complexes and need to boost their egos with stories about how successful  they must be as they are fully booked  ;D ;D

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

elliott cleaning

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »
That will all change in the next few years, Mike.

Now that Hull has been awarded city of culture for 2017  the residents will all want to show they are 'cultured' by having their carpets and upholstery cleaned regularly ;)

neil 47

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:29 pm »
I agree

With mike

Most people view websites sat sun then book Monday

Steve

You are spot on , I get one a week that swears I did them when I know I didn't

IICRC

Max Campbell

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 04:26:57 pm »
do not be a cold person, talk to them, take your time, not only good job to make them remember about you, nice people for nice customers  ;)

Many people will call even cleaner who did not a best job, they will call as they liked you. Everyone customer is different / we just need to feel them.
Some might be 20 and more years in business and be not a nice person to talk with, customer will not call you again.

Guys, too much stress on you, stop thinking only about your hour rate, how much I am going to make this week and more... and be still hurry

I whole heartedly agree with the bits of the above I can understand (and be still hurry? wtf?). My endorsement of the "bullpoop" comment was because all of that isn't enough - and your dismissal of the value of trying other stuff, like vouchers, seems complacent.

I reckon we should try to do our best at everything we do. In encouraging people to keep our details, we need to be warm and friendly and give them an incentive. Complacency - thinking you don't need to improve - is dangerous.

davep

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 04:39:57 pm »
It's not always the same carpet when it's a repeat!

Quite often it's the lounge then back a few months later for bedrooms then back again after the builders have been etc

Rubbish job = no repeats.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 05:02:56 pm »
Max read carefully what i said as i do not disagree to the vouchers.

mark_roberts

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:33 am »
Your all missing the point here.

Which is

Max - how do you achieve £120 min and £240 average.  Ive just made that my new years resolution so please tell me how you do it assuming we're talking residential jobs.

Thanks
Mark

evercleanindia

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 11:23:18 am »
thanks for information
House cleaning service in Coimbatore
evercleanindia

maxcampbell

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »
Your all missing the point here.

Which is

Max - how do you achieve £120 min and £240 average.  Ive just made that my new years resolution so please tell me how you do it assuming we're talking residential jobs.

Thanks
Mark

Mark
Domestics priced at 60p /sq ft clean only 84p C&P (inc VAT) - rest follows. (In reality we find a reason to discount on a lot of jobs - most, even, and the min job value is for whole rooms - we will do a stain removal for less - hopefully not below £80.

Job sizes commercials higher, per sq ft much lower.

Radek
I must say I took it that you thought being a nice person was enough. We try very hard at every aspect, including being nice (You know - "being sincere is the key - fake that well, and you've got it made.), but we believe you've got to try at every level - including pushing price up.

We did think we were a bit high, but when we went through the VAT barrier, we just added it on top, and we're getting the same proportion of bookings (70 to 80% of visited quotes.)

mark_roberts

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »
Thanks Max

But I was more thinking along the lines of what incentives do you use to push the average job up to or over the £240 average price.

For me £240 would get your suite and two average sized rooms cleaned without protector however those size of jobs are not the norm these days.

Also at those prices your in the higher end scale of homes and so how do you target them these days as there not typical yellow pages or google type customers.

Thanks
Mark

maxcampbell

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 07:19:02 pm »
Mark

Not a lot, specifically. A suite and the room, clean only, would be over the 240. We do a lot of leaflets, and blanket cover whole areas, then web, parish mags. Cambridge & the villages south is a "nice" area, and the local economy is healthy. We do visit any enquiry that's more than an EOT or a couple of rooms, unless they're repeats that we know. We don't push protection enough (for the business - but probably an attractive low key approach if you're a customer).

Customers know we're above average price, so we have to try hard to be perceived to be worth it.

Max