Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pro-Smart

Re: Any Detectives on Here? Mick Kent's been ripped off.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »

This is his sort code which when i just googled it, it says he isnt from london or dorsit but from yeoville.

He could have lived in Yeovil and set up the bank account there and subsequently moved. I have an account in Essex but I'm in Worcs....

However, Yeovil Somerset isn't far from Dorset...

roundbuilder

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
Pa-windows@hotmail.com was another email address he had on his profile that i noted.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 09:59:11 pm »
This is why you should always pay by paypal!

paypal don't offer great protection at all.  i have had bad experiences with paypal.  they close down any discussions after 10 days i think, and then you cant contact them and they wont deal with you.

best way is to use a credit card as they offer protection way above anything else.  in this case, if you didn't receive the goods they'd refund you.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dave0123

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:35 pm »
paypal don't offer great protection at all.  i have had bad experiences with paypal.  they close down any discussions after 10 days i think, and then you cant contact them and they wont deal with you.

best way is to use a credit card as they offer protection way above anything else.  in this case, if you didn't receive the goods they'd refund you.

But how would he pay by credit card to a person? not a business? personally ive hot had any problems with paypal even got  a payment back from some company who went bust.
Dave.

wightsurf

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 10:05:18 pm »
this might help >http://www.ipchecking.com/

Theres a whois ip on the left of the page also have a look for facebook ip

if you would like to give me the ip  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »

Mick - if it doesn't turn up, drop me an email to see if we can help with contact details. 

Nice to know Alex gardiner will share customers personal details if it suits him. Regardless of whose right and whose wrong, I think you'll find that's illegal under the data protection act mr gardiner.

Even internet providers won't give up users personal info without a court order, and quite rightly too. There are always two sides to every story.

If I bought something from you but then had a dispute with someone on this forum who was one of your buddies, would you feel free to give them my personal details too?

Shocking!

You are quite right and we do not share client details with other clients without their permission. My reply was to Mick to contact me directly so that we could offer what help we could. In some cases we have acted as a communication channel by relaying a message from one client to another using the contact details we have. It is then up to the client in question as to whether he wants to return the contact. If contacted by the police or a court of law we have in the past been able to provide full client details.

roundbuilder

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »
Cheers pro delete that though just in case mate.

brad t

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:35 pm »
Put the postcode and window cleaner in to google maps and there is 2 close, not a big area and don't think it's a random postcode just changed a letter as us window cleaners are not the brightest ;D try calling the and see if they can help ??? You can AWAYS tell if someone is trying to hide somethink even over the phone ;)

Pro-Smart

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »

Delete what?  ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:36 pm »

Delete what?  ;)

Cheers hopefully that is him but number goes straight to answere phone.

Pro-Smart

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:58 pm »
Mick Kent recently paid for a 2nd hand back pack from a member called "sglods".  Backpack hasn't turned up, sglods hasn't replied to e-mails, and this evening deleted his account.

I've got his IP number; I think the police can trace this to his home; so Mick's welcome to it if he wishes to contact the police, but does anyone know him?

This is his e-mail address:

purewindowcleaner@hotmail.co.uk

And this is the post where Mick purchased the backpack (he paid by bank transfer):

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=179462.msg1521818#msg1521818

Maybe Mick could supply the name of the person (I assume it would be the same as the account name he paid the funds in).

Anyone help him out with some advice?

Has anyone checked to see if he's registered on any other forums as "sglods"? Just a thought....

Pro-Smart

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:19 pm »

Delete what?  ;)

Cheers hopefully that is him but number goes straight to answere phone.

Try him tomoz - but hide your number (as if you need telling!). Mind you, he's probably reading this thread as we write it!!

Well,  P Allen - you can run but you can't hide!!  >:(

Jonny 87

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:58 pm »
Will get there in the end.

Bank transfer is a daft way to try scam someone. He has an electronic paper trail.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 10:36:01 pm »
IP wont really help as that is the IP of their service provider their actual IP would of been passed through a network address translator and been given a public IP address to access the internet as there is not enough IP addresses in the world for every computer so we all share them depending on your internet service provider

brad t

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »
Good on you Alex for being willing to help people out, the Laws in this country are not always the best things to follow,not that you are doing anythink rong by forwording a email to a customer ;) if more people did the right thing the contrary would not be in the mess it is :-X

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »
I've got his IP number; I think the police can trace this to his home;

Nope, not quite that simple José.

wightsurf

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 10:45:53 pm »
ip goes to isp they log what ip they assigned

brad t

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »
IP and police  ;D ;D ;D ;D they can not find children and stop them getting abused on the net :'( because of the stupid rules and red tape in this country, so there's not much luck for a backpack.

Sorry lads I will get of my soap box now ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »
When dorset was mentioned I thought is that michael william bloke off facebook who tried to run with the cash.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01:41 am »