This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave banks

leaded windows
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:30:09 am »
whats the secret to cleaning lead windows
have a few people asking me to do them but don,t no where to start they haven,t been done in a while so they are mucky
whats the best way to tackle them could someone talk me through it

Keiron Bradley

Re: leaded windows
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:09:14 am »
Alright mate,leaded windows are very straightforward - just clean them as you normally would with a t bar and washer sleeve. I then dry them off with 1 microfibre cloth and then use a 2nd dry cloth to polish them off - done.
Only thing to watch out for are loose/sticking out bits of lead but they usually flatten down ok.

IClean And Clear

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
The t bar is ok if it's really dirty but the next clean wipe over with a damp micro fibre then wait till it's nearly dry then buff and polish dry with your scrim.

dannymack

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 11:17:39 am »
Just use a damp swab or cloth then scrim erm off, or use a micro fibre cloth to polish erm up.
Even better still invest in a wfp easier then m8👳

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:20:11 pm »
If they are really dirty and you are not using wfp, first deep clean them with a damp magic eraser pad this will remove any ingrained soils, then wipe with a damp microfiber to remove any loosened soils, finally polish with a dry microfiber cloth for a streak free finish.