This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

can somebody tell me?
« on: February 14, 2004, 07:00:46 pm »
??on pricing on carpet cleaning  in domestic homes what would be the best way to charge by the room size or by the sq ft please help  ;D

Re: can somebody tell me?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 08:02:51 pm »
??on pricing on carpet cleaning  in domestic homes what would be the best way to charge by the room size or by the sq ft please help  ;D

Thats got to be the same thing surely? ???

Cloverleaf

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 09:50:45 pm »
I charge by the sq ft, usualy 17.5 pence but this can vary a lot depending on area, soiling etc.

Minimum job charge £35, but if around the corner £25 for a small room.

The thing to remember is you do not know how much a customer is prepared to pay!

Some customers are looking for a cheap price, if you look like a cheap company that is what they expect, if you look like a professional company price isn't as much of an issue.

I once went to a lady who is now a regular customer down the road and cleaned a 10 x 10 living room for £25. When I quoted her at first she said I would have been prepared to pay £50 to have it cleaned :o.

I now recieve £350 worth per year from the same lass, but thats another story ;D

John

squeaky

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 06:50:39 am »
I charge a minimum charge of £25 even if it is next door and a tiny wc,for the rest of the charges it does depend on how much more I will be doing in the property , the more that I do the cheaper ( per room  ) it is for the customer.
There is a CC in my nearest town that charges each individual room seperately treating each room as its the only room he is doing in the house,I have known him quote £190 to clean an empty 3 bed house :o.I quoted £85 and got the job  :-*,took me 2 hours  ;D, his van was parked outside on his drive all day , I would rather earn £40 an hour and be busy , Am I wrong ?

By the way I have a blazer and he has a Sabrina Maxi

Mark
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 11:32:28 am »
I charge 30p per sq ft or 25p for more than one room - I have a £40 min charge.

John, you're sort of in my area (cheshire), do customer rip your arm at your price as they do with me at my prices?
alex