This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

gardiners backpack
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
has anyone any reviews on there backpack.

ben M

Re: gardiners backpack
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:59:56 pm »
very good

SPE

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »
yep, don't buy it.
stupid design with having the handle on a screw on lid, detaches itself when full  of water without any prior warning !, had it happen to me at least 5 times , once inside a customers house  ??? :(
and even with the flow controller on lowest setting it still empties too quick plus on the lowest setting if I turn the hose tap off the pump does not and it makes an awful high pitched noise until turned off that just does my head in.
Its permanently strapped to a trolley now and not carried by its silly plastic screw on handle.
I still wish I had never bought the damn thing and spent a bit more on something better.

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:14:34 pm »
Works well, but the lid is rubbish !

ben M

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:14 pm »
yep, don't buy it.
stupid design with having the handle on a screw on lid, detaches itself when full  of water without any prior warning !, had it happen to me at least 5 times , once inside a customers house  ??? :(
and even with the flow controller on lowest setting it still empties too quick plus on the lowest setting if I turn the hose tap off the pump does not and it makes an awful high pitched noise until turned off that just does my head in.
Its permanently strapped to a trolley now and not carried by its silly plastic screw on handle.
I still wish I had never bought the damn thing and spent a bit more on something better.

it is a backpack!!!!! not to a handpack so i don't see where is the prob with lid!

John pearce

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:32 pm »
noisy,

battery doesn't  last as long as other b/p's  (battery is smaller)

the pump involuntary kicks in now and again, annoying, and eats the battery juice.

water goes quick.

but, it is sturdy and well made, and if only using for awkward jobs, rather than

all day, like me, then go for it.

i'm still mostly using wcw b/p, but i don't think they sell them no more.      .j.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:42 pm »
yep, don't buy it.

Ditto, I have even cross threaded the drain off tap.
Love Gardiners but this is cheap and nasty

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 10:25:35 pm »
yep, don't buy it.

+1 saved me typing.

wfp master

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:41 pm »
noisy,

battery doesn't  last as long as other b/p's  (battery is smaller)

the pump involuntary kicks in now and again, annoying, and eats the battery juice.

water goes quick.

but, it is sturdy and well made, and if only using for awkward jobs, rather than

all day, like me, then go for it.

i'm still mostly using wcw b/p, but i don't think they sell them no more.      .j.

& this.

SPE

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »
yep, don't buy it.

it is a backpack!!!!! not to a handpack so i don't see where is the prob with lid!
that may be, but looks like I am not the only one to have had issues, still its a more informative review than "very good"

wfp master

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 10:46:14 pm »
Theres a few threads on here about them about noise water going fast ect.
Have a search.

ben M

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 10:49:24 pm »
yep, don't buy it.

that may be, but looks like I am not the only one to have had issues, still its a more informative review than "very good"
i have no prob with my gardiner backpack,very pleased with it, so what do you want me to say? very bad?

SPE

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 11:06:55 pm »
yep, don't buy it.

i have no prob with my gardiner backpack,very pleased with it, so what do you want me to say? very bad?
no but maybe I should delete my review and just put "very bad" with no reason as to why, would that make you happier ?

I was just trying to help johnny bravo  make an informed choice as that's what he had asked for .

DeLuce

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 11:11:55 pm »
I think they still sell them, now with a twin speed setting.
I have the original one and find it works very well. I only use it occasionally on difficult access jobs, but its never let me down so far. The batt keeps its charge well. The lid  ;D, I've never had a problem with it dropping off on me. The thread can be a bit awkward to screw it back on, but I put some silicon lube on it which sorted it out.

ben M

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »
yep, don't buy it.
stupid design with having the handle on a screw on lid, detaches itself when full  of water without any prior warning !, had it happen to me at least 5 times , once inside a customers house  ??? :(

no but maybe I should delete my review and just put "very bad" with no reason as to why, would that make you happier ?

I was just trying to help johnny bravo  make an informed choice as that's what he had asked for .
For me the backpack is very good so nothing to add
ok fine, if you are not happy about this backpack, it is your right to say it :)

simonr

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 11:26:50 pm »
its probably good enough on its own, but compared to an extend2wash 505  its just crap & i've got both, i only got the gardiners one cos my 505 stopped working & i needed 1 straight away, as i turned out the 505 just needed a bit of a tweak but now i'm left with a gardiners thats only ever gonna be used as a backup, my 505 is 4yr old & i use it all day everyday strapped to a sack truck ( no van mount) i used to carry it on my back all day & there's no way you could do that with the gardiner one

johnny bravo

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 11:17:34 am »
got my gardiners backpack today,    been charging battery for last 2 hours,   ill wait till it goes green.    seems fine, i wish they gave an option of having a tap fitted onto end of hose like the WCW one.     this makes it so much easier than  to stop waterflow between close jobs.      instead of having to turn it off and on at the mains every move.   i will now have to order a tap to fit on.        i like to have all my gear ready to go.         ill add my new speed controller to my wcw backpack,   it should work as long as it hasnt burnt the wires out.      one wire looks black,    ill see. :-\   i went with gardeners because of the price comparrison.

Pro-Poler

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 04:12:51 pm »
Had nothing but trouble with mine firstly the pump was faulty and noisy, lid takes several attempts to engage thread, don't like the idea of a pump and battery not being in a sealed unit, wiring connections are flimsy so changed them for bullets, if you're skint and starting out suppose it'll get you up and running but professionals shouldn't be using stuff like this, there is one on the full clean website I am looking at it has a molded in handle and separate filler neck

Pro-Poler

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 04:27:47 pm »
That ESR505 looks alright where is the pump and battery situated?

Pro-Poler

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 04:36:17 pm »
ESR16 is the one I was looking at full clean centre £126