Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleantech

Stripping Slate
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:33:13 pm »
Hello all,

Having done a test patch on a tile I am not looking forward to restoring a slate floor. There is blisters all over the tiles do doubt due to incorrect sealing or somebody applying a polish or something. Current tenant has no history on the floor for me. the finish will scratch away but having put down a floor stripper on the test tile it still required serious elbow grease to remove {most} of it! Any ideas what could make like easier on this will a regular stripper suffice at all?

Jamie Pearson

Re: Stripping Slate
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
Apply stripper the night before and cover with plastic sheeting.

Next morning it should have lifted most of it.

cleantech

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
CleaningSystemsUK you are without doubt the master...........thanks again mate!

Rob Hall

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:47 am »
Hello all,

Having done a test patch on a tile I am not looking forward to restoring a slate floor. There is blisters all over the tiles do doubt due to incorrect sealing or somebody applying a polish or something. Current tenant has no history on the floor for me. the finish will scratch away but having put down a floor stripper on the test tile it still required serious elbow grease to remove {most} of it! Any ideas what could make like easier on this will a regular stripper suffice at all?
.......or try a Tynex Brush. We use them on all stubborn sealed floors such as slate and riven stone, with INSTANT results...just add water!! We have Silicone Carbide and Diamond in 4" and other sizes due in soon.
email me at stonetilecleaning@gmail.com
Alternativley, do it the other way apply a remover....wait over night and hope it works!

Good Luck

Floor_Tony

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »
Rob

It's not always stick it on leave it over night! I can see you believe very strongly in your brush system and they are useful from time to time but not always.

On another note you clearly are just trying to promote these brushes and sell them may I suggest like Kevin, Jamie & Tadgh has and contact the forum for sponsorship details.

PS Samich by the way is Klindex
www.marblelife.co.uk | 0121-773-2450 | 07584-674006
www.tilinglogistics.co.uk

Rob Hall

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 06:29:22 pm »
Rob

It's not always stick it on leave it over night! I can see you believe very strongly in your brush system and they are useful from time to time but not always.

On another note you clearly are just trying to promote these brushes and sell them may I suggest like Kevin, Jamie & Tadgh has and contact the forum for sponsorship details.

PS Samich by the way is Klindex
???

What is with the verbal attack? :-\
So, help me out, is it stick it on and leave for 2 nights? ;D
Tony, I have tried several so called "removers" and IN MY OPINION, they are not has good or quick as a diamond brush (or carbide in some cases).

...and for your information, I contacted the advertising section of this forum weeks ago, not that that is any of your business!

Oh and just one other thing....Samich is the orignal....Klindex is Samich..you will find! Samich came first...ok?

If there is anything else I can help you with or put you right on, feel free to contact me. ;)

Floor_Tony

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »
It's not a verbal attack, and I am more than educated enough of the klindex history thank you.

Your experience on these kind of floors sounds unbelievable (bad luck?). However banging on about the brushes like its the answer is not true best thing since sliced bread I would have to disagree they have many down points about them but as you do some more testing and research you will find this out!

Now I'm sure you have a smart arse reply to correct.

Rob Hall

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:06:24 pm »
It's not a verbal attack, and I am more than educated enough of the klindex history thank you.

Your experience on these kind of floors sounds unbelievable (bad luck?). However banging on about the brushes like its the answer is not true best thing since sliced bread I would have to disagree they have many down points about them but as you do some more testing and research you will find this out!

Now I'm sure you have a smart arse reply to correct.
...however, I have educated you on the history of Samich and Klindex??
Please do me a favour Tony. DO NOT include me in your Pantomime, I am not interested. If you want to rant on to others how good you are and how uneducated the rest of us are...carry on...you only make yourself look stupid.
I have been in the industry for 25 years..I doubt if you were out of nappies 25 years ago, so do not insult me anymore.

As far as the brushes are concerned, they worked on a floor where I tried Lithofin Wax Off (that worked slightly) and YOUR sealer and coating remover, (which worked as well as a soggy tissue!)
I have not named products before to save you any embarrassment, however, as you appear to have a very big chip on your shoulder, its time to name and shame. The product simply didn't touch the seal. The brushes removed the seal in a breath...I have some photos, but that would be rubbing salt in the wound and I am not like that.

As you know, I am a contractor looking for solutions. I have found what suits me.
what suits me is a CAPABLE brush...more capable and much more safe than Chemicals.
I am not in it to make millions, but if someone wants to share in what I have found, it is up to them...ok?

I would like to offer my findings to other contractors who are looking for affordable solutions that work. I am not looking to be a control freak dictating to the world what they should and shouldn't use.

I hope you can understand my opinions and feelings and stress to you that I am not interested in a slanging match with you.

Mark@Able Stonecare

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 08:42:18 pm »
Hello all,

I'm not gonna get involved in the whole brush debate as I have never used them but then I also have never had to leave sealing and coating remover on overnight!!
I would try the sealer and coating remover give it a 30-45 min dwell then agitate with the rotary. As you have said its scratching off its probably not that hard to remove with a strong stripper with the appropriate dwell time.

Floor_Tony

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »
I don't do pantomime and I certainly do not rant and go round bosting how good I am and as for dictating what people use I do not.

My age or how long you have been in the industry is of no interest to me and frankly I find it rude.

As for trying to save my "embarrassment" for your comments on a product maybe true or made up or just a operator error.

That's it for me anyway I also am not interested in a slanging match it bores me stupid and prefer to do something a lot more productive.

cleantech

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 09:25:53 pm »
Hello all,

I'm not gonna get involved in the whole brush debate as I have never used them but then I also have never had to leave sealing and coating remover on overnight!!
I would try the sealer and coating remover give it a 30-45 min dwell then agitate with the rotary. As you have said its scratching off its probably not that hard to remove with a strong stripper with the appropriate dwell time.

Mark...what would be your tool of choice on the rotary?

Rob Hall

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 09:28:03 pm »
I don't do pantomime and I certainly do not rant and go round bosting how good I am and as for dictating what people use I do not.

My age or how long you have been in the industry is of no interest to me and frankly I find it rude.

As for trying to save my "embarrassment" for your comments on a product maybe true or made up or just a operator error.

That's it for me anyway I also am not interested in a slanging match it bores me stupid and prefer to do something a lot more productive.
Lets leave it at that Tony.
May I suggest reading your last comments before entering any new ones? ;)
RUDE??? MOI??? ??? ::)roll Have another read.... ;D

The gauntlet is down....
I will refund anyone who cannot remove sealer on slate or any riven stone with our Diamond Brush and give the cost of the brush to their chosen charity.

Will you Tony??? As I have a receipt for a 5ltr of Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover that didn't work to kick you off ;D

Mark@Able Stonecare

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
I would use a medium stiffness brush, pads on a rotary for stripping a slate floor just miss too many rivens in the tile.

Rob Hall

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 09:34:24 pm »
I would use a medium stiffness brush, pads on a rotary for stripping a slate floor just miss too many rivens in the tile.
Mark!!!!
Don't mention brushes...it upsets too many people
Sshhhhhhhhhh, keep it to yourself ;D

Floor_Tony

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 09:39:28 pm »
Bit childish comment really you say drop then you keep digging

Rob Hall

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »
Bit childish comment really you say drop then you keep digging

Damn it!! I was caught in the act!! :-X

Its called a "sense of Humour Tony, try it...you might like it!
MWAH :-*

Floor_Tony

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »
Come on then rub the salts into the wounds before, during and after of a slate with your diamond brush system need a hand loading them let me know

Rob Hall

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:20 pm »
Come on then rub the salts into the wounds before, during and after of a slate with your diamond brush system need a hand loading them let me know
What?? ???
...."need a hand loading them???
Eh? ??? ???

I used one...1....uno....une....Ein...understand? at £40

Not 25 ltrs at ££££'s and 3 days waiting time...do the maths...the customer did!! ;D

Floor_Tony

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:47 pm »
Photos of a slate floor you have done with understand?

Rob Hall

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »
First picture shows "Before"
Second picture shows "after" using Aqua Mix Sealing and Coating remover

I will dig out the Lithofin Wax off photos, In all fairness, the Lithofin did start to remove, given a couple of coats, I think this would have worked, so all is not lost Tony, if you sell Lithofin??