This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Help please
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »
I have a ionic pro 5 system, so the water go through the pump then through the DI cartridge, then through the water heater then the reel. That mean when i pinch the pole hose to stop the water,the pump take ages to kick so i have the hot water leaking everywhere from the bottom of the water heater until the pump kick.
What can i do to stop the leak?

Many thanks

Ben

andyM

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:13:57 pm »
I don't know anything about using a water heater im afraid.
But have you tried having the pump after the water heater to see if it makes any difference?
One of the Plebs

ben M

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »
But have you tried having the pump after the water heater to see if it makes any difference?
how can pump the water from the tank i you put the pump after the water heater? ???

andyM

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:45:24 pm »
how can pump the water from the tank i you put the pump after the water heater? ???

Wouldn't it just draw the water through the heater just as it does from the water tank?
One of the Plebs

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 04:01:45 pm »

Wouldn't it just draw the water through the heater just as it does from the water tank?

the only problem with that is then your running hot water through the pump which their not designed for really, but in theory you could put the pump after the heater like you say the same as after the tank.

steven ainger

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »
im not familiar with an Ionics set up, 
so does your Pro 5 have a pump controller, if so,  can you adjust the pressure cut off ( called a dead end,  D/E )
where is the water come out of  ( from the heater )
some pic's might help others help you ??

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:43:01 pm »
Exactly,

If you couldn't set your unit properly with cold water first then you won't have a hope with hot water. Get your pressure callibration and flow settings perfect with cold first.

Now, when you use a heater, your hoses are going to expand, your controller will not cut the pump as soon as it used to therefore be prepared to drop the dead end pressure or watch your connectors blow apart. Your flow setting will probably remain the same.

You can't expect your controller settings to match everyone elses - every system is slightly different.

At the moment you simply have so much dead end pressure that the relief valve in the bottom of your heater is blowing to prevent damage.

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »
Ben have you ptfe your fittings under shower and really tighten up tight, you shouldn't get leaks. I've put quite alot of ptfe tape around the threads 😀

ben M

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:03 pm »
Ben have you ptfe your fittings under shower and really tighten up tight, you shouldn't get leaks. I've put quite alot of ptfe tape around the threads 😀
yes i have,it works fine now, thanks