This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keyser soze

false widow spider
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:55:04 am »
could  the false widow be a good thing for us windys . people wont one of those lingering about their windows. could be good for business  ;D

Nick_Thompson

Re: false widow spider
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:08:55 am »
I'm sorry Cowboy, I'm confused! Care to elaborate?
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

gary999

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:17:25 am »
yep we should be able to charge more...danger money ;D

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:47:04 am »
Okey Dokey! So, what's a false window? :P

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

EandM

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 11:48:42 am »

A relative of the Black Widow - lives in England, been all over the media, bitten about 12 people in last year, a few nearly died - that sort of thing...

keyser soze

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 12:01:10 pm »
its scaring a few people . and im thinking more people will want their windows cleaning to rid themselves of this beast. maybe being optimistic  ;D

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »

A relative of the Black Widow - lives in England, been all over the media, bitten about 12 people in last year, a few nearly died - that sort of thing...

Thank you Mr E, but the truth is, I originally read this post as, False window spinner, and I was trying to make sense of the comments.  :)

keyser soze

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »
do you need glasses nick ? lol

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:32:52 pm »

If only glasses could help to focus my neural matter, Cowboy. :)

EandM

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 01:02:34 pm »

If only glasses could help to focus my neural matter, Cowboy. :)

Yes, me too - and I'm wearing mine !
False windows are dangerous too - you can go right through them.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 01:16:00 pm »
We had one a few months back and I just called Pest Control to get rid of it.   But its very uncommon for them to come to Scotland and normally only found in South of England I was told.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »
I was thinking along the lines of charging customers for extra windows that you had cut out of sticky back plastic and surreptitiously stuck on to the side of there properties. That would be a pretty good false window spinner, n'est-ce pas?

EandM

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »
Spiders in the UK have never bothered me until a conversation with a Forensic Toxicologist who happens to own a Tarantula - He said that he has no issue handling a Tarantula but wouldn't pick up a UK House Spider !

Llaaww

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 03:54:52 pm »
I see hundreds of them every week, they are all over the place down here. They are on just about every job that I do.

I have them in my loft at the moment. I need to get a 10mtr extension for the vac so I can vac out the whole loft. If they come back I will get them nuked.

This is just down the road from here http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/topic/spiders/

if it is dirty it is fair game

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:50:05 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453833/Decorator-nearly-loses-leg-bite-UKs-poisonous-spider.html

I love the way the Daily Wail describes the spider as 'flesh eating' and 'evil'. Journalism at it's very best and what's more, this currently quite rare spider is 'plaguing Britain'.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 06:04:35 pm »
We had one a few months back and I just called Pest Control to get rid of it.   But its very uncommon for them to come to Scotland and normally only found in South of England I was told.

Scottish Widows are rare?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:18 pm »
I was thinking along the lines of charging customers for extra windows that you had cut out of sticky back plastic and surreptitiously stuck on to the side of there properties. That would be a pretty good false window spinner, n'est-ce pas?

I suspect this is elevating above the craniums in many cases.  Please don't allow sloppy spelling to spoil your exquisite offerings                                                     

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 06:24:53 pm »

Scottish Widows are rare?

Scottish Widows are a Investment and Pension Company.    ::)roll

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »
"Their"
Sorry about that Ian, but a poor education dictates that my posts will be thick with such spelling mistakes and inadvertent malapropism.