This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DG Cleaning

Re: Will this cause me grief?
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 09:07:19 am »
But they were YOUR customers,  whether you realise it or not, if he does a bad job or becomes unreliable then these people are going to be ringing you up to come and do them or worse say that DG cleaning used to be great but passed us onto to some useless relative blah blah...    Then your rep gets tarnished through an effort to help others.

Darran

Ah I get your point

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:11 am »
has he got a drink and drug problem by any chance?
price higher/work harder!

DG Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 09:37:45 am »
has he got a drink and drug problem by any chance?

No he likes a drink but can't afford it and doesn't seem to miss it.
He's just slack.

H20cleaning

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 02:42:46 pm »
I admire your intent, I really do, but there is no way I would have done what you have done for him. BUT, I don't think you are helping him in any way, looking at how you describe him, I would say helping him in this way is just perpetuating his notion that everyone owes him (and SHOULD help him), and that he should get something for nothing, and he shouldn't have to take responsibility for his own action, or his son's well-being.
I wouldn't give my own son a job with his attitude towards work, he is a lazy s**t, like most of todays youths (sorry, but that is just how it is). I wouldn't see him out on the street, but there is no way I would let him clean my customers windows unless he really bucked up his ideas and proved to me he was interested in putting in the effort to do the job properly.
I couldn't of put it better myself im 21 and most of my mates have full times jobs or go to uni... the unemployed ones are work shy, bone idol, sponging, lazy people. However they seem to go on more nights out than me, they all manage to smoke and when ever I offer them a day or 2 work the answer is ( I will let you know)
ooh because I forgot the amount of jobs coming your way is beyond control :o :o :o ::)roll

This country needs to man up and instead of giving people £70 a week dole they should get food tokens and be made to pick dog poop up, genuinely feel sorry for the people who want work but I know fine well if I ever had to find a job I would have one within a week

roundbuilder

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 02:45:55 pm »
I admire your intent, I really do, but there is no way I would have done what you have done for him. BUT, I don't think you are helping him in any way, looking at how you describe him, I would say helping him in this way is just perpetuating his notion that everyone owes him (and SHOULD help him), and that he should get something for nothing, and he shouldn't have to take responsibility for his own action, or his son's well-being.
I wouldn't give my own son a job with his attitude towards work, he is a lazy s**t, like most of todays youths (sorry, but that is just how it is). I wouldn't see him out on the street, but there is no way I would let him clean my customers windows unless he really bucked up his ideas and proved to me he was interested in putting in the effort to do the job properly.
I couldn't of put it better myself im 21 and most of my mates have full times jobs or go to uni... the unemployed ones are work shy, bone idol, sponging, lazy people. However they seem to go on more nights out than me, they all manage to smoke and when ever I offer them a day or 2 work the answer is ( I will let you know)
ooh because I forgot the amount of jobs coming your way is beyond control :o :o :o ::)roll

This country needs to man up and instead of giving people £70 a week dole they should get food tokens and be made to pick dog poop up, genuinely feel sorry for the people who want work but I know fine well if I ever had to find a job I would have one within a week

Lol thats coz your a poof lol..at 21 i was out everynight without a care in the world... Fair play to you for having your head screwed on though..it is a lot harder than your making out to find a job though nowadays however i get what your saying as it has evolved a lot of cant be bothered brigades the last 10 years.

tlwcs

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 03:07:04 pm »
But they were YOUR customers,  whether you realise it or not, if he does a bad job or becomes unreliable then these people are going to be ringing you up to come and do them or worse say that DG cleaning used to be great but passed us onto to some useless relative blah blah...    Then your rep gets tarnished through an effort to help others.

Darran

Exactly my take on it.
Your customers would be happier to see you have a part time helper, (to help him out) and even put up with some of his shoddy work while you are training him up, if they think it is helping you.
You sir are the King of pain, its gonna hurt whatever, but best of luck.
Tony

H20cleaning

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 03:42:59 pm »
Hi mick, i am out most weekends i do love a good night out! And spend my hard earned money. By finding a job within a week i didnt mean a job that i wanted to do for the rest of my life, i meant a job that would keep the bills payed! Thats the problem with the youth they all want jobs they want to do forever, when the reality is its hard getting one of them.
I have a sister who is work shy nearly 18 and i have printer her several cvs off, and people have told her were to hand them ( coop, local pub, hairdressers, Mercedes admin) has she dropped them off yet? Of course not lol

Johnny B

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 07:25:38 pm »
I took on a young lad part time a few years ago. He was the son of a friend, and he had had a couple of jobs which hadn't worked out. He was a nice enough lad, polite, the customers liked him, and his work was generally ok. My biggest problem was his sick record, and his unwillingness to be flexible within reason, oh and constantly being on his mobile while we were working.

In the end, after another layoff of around 3 weeks, he rang me to say he wouldn't be in as he was helping a friend of his with a project of some kind. I wished him the very best and thanked him for his help, but that I would now be downsizing my run, therefore would no longer have enough work for the two of us. This was actually true, as I was selling my run off in stages in preparation to our move to Ireland a few months later, but I started doing it sooner, rather than later.

Would I employ again? Not on your nelly.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

alfie11

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 10:46:57 am »
Hows the brother in law doing  ;D did it work out?