This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: DEATH OF WINDOW CLEANER LICHFIELD
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 02:03:03 pm »
UPDATE:

The newspaper have got back to me with the following information. The gentlemans name was Paul Welsh. He is survived by his wife, a 21 year old son and a 17 year old daughter.  His address is given as Castle street. However there is no Castle street in Walsall and the newpaper don't have the correct address. Sarah kindly emailed me exactly the same information re his address. Various searches using his name reveal no details re telepone number or correct address. The are a number of castle Streets in the general area in which he lived. It is obviously vital to get the right one. My next line of enquiry is with the police who will have been involved. I have already traced the right office to call and have done so. They are going to find the officer who dealt with the incident and get him/her to call me.

If anyone else can help in tracing the exact address then it would be appreciated.

This link directly to the article in the newspaper does give some information that might help. For instance... do any of you know the company where he was working at the time etc?

http://www.expressandstar.com/articles/news/es/article_87794.php

Until we get the address there is no real point in accepting donations.

When we get it what I propose is that anyone wishing to doante can send it to my office. I personally am extremely busy so if payment could be made out to G McCann 
( my wife) and sent CARE OF our company address the office staff will easilly be able to keep a record of all donations. They will then be banked in my wife's personal account. This way none of the donations will be in any company name. The best way I think. It has been made clear to me that my offer to fully fund the flowers is appreciated but people would rather the cost of them be taken from the donations received. So what I will do is to arrange the floral tribute and add my own contribution to the total received and then pay or the flowers from the total. If there is a surplus and I am sure there will be then the balance will be sent to the family in whatever way they can accept it.

Again is this OK with you all?

I will keep you updated as things happen.

Andrew

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 04:35:58 pm »
Andrew,

It sounds excellent.  It's your shout, mate and good on you for taking the time to hunt this guy down.  I'm sure his family will appreciate it.

I'll have a look round 192.com to see if I can find him.

gaza

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 10:04:59 pm »
I remember using a Bt telephone address checker to trace someone who my daughter had met on holiday,successfully but now got to regester and pay for it so if someone wants to spend time tracing the street and name it will come up,but lost the link.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

gary evans

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2006, 11:16:25 am »
Andrew,

Just had chance to read your last entry, agree with what youve wrote to do, & must say thank you for the effort you put in from me & other members.

Ive located a Castle Street in Brownhills, its WS8 Postcode just outside Brownhills. (New Town)

Approxiametly 2 miles from Brownhills town centre, but Brownhills Community School is only across the road. Watling Street, A5

Gary.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2006, 03:32:06 pm »
Thanks for the help folks.

So it is looking like it is the castle street in Brownhills

That rally narrows it down. I will try tomorrow through police etc to get the house name or number.

Andrew

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2006, 09:20:41 pm »
Hi again all.

Called the police again today and again no-one got back to me. I did speak to a senior officer who said that he would do what he can for me.

Again..if anyone can help all we need is the house name or number. I will try calling the school mentioned above as well tomorrow.

Andrew

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2006, 09:29:37 pm »
Andrew,

It sounds like you've tried your best and have already went beyond the call of duty.

If you don't hear from the police; leave it. 

Good on you for trying though.

Regards,

Tosh.

Morph

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 09:39:44 pm »
Just a thought.  data protection act puts the police in a difficult position.
But if you could locate a 3rd party who knows the family they might assist.
Anyone tried contacting the newspaper to let them know what the w/c fraternity is wanting to do?  They may be willing to assist if they realise the potential response.  they may have interviewed a friend of the family.
It is a tragic loss.  The family may just want to be left alone.  On the other hand they may see a bigger picture and realise many would like to send their condolances and have great empathy.

rosskesava

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 09:42:34 pm »
Maybe try local undertakers?

Just a thought.

Tomorrow if I'm lucky I've have some spare time during the afternoon so I'll try and make a few phone calls as usuallly the flowers or whatever would go to them anyway.

Cheers

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 09:56:59 pm »
My thoughts too Ross.

I have been keeping an eye on the Obit section of the Litchfield paper just in case it mentions the FD - easy to get their numbers and perhaps post the flowers to them instead.

So far no notices.

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 10:01:06 pm »
PJ

I have spoken to the newspaper twice. The first tme I got a little info. The 2nd I got some reporter who started to ask leading questions along the lines of how many times does this type of thing happen etc. I told him firmly that to try and get a story from this tragic situation was in bad taste and that if he wanted that type of info I am not the person to give it to him. He went all sheepish and left it at that.
I had explained almost exactly along the lines of what you have just said to him as well. I was angry at his attempt to score personal points out of this.

Thanks for the offer Ross and sarah.  I am really very busy indeed during the day so honestly dont get as much of a chance to make the phone calls as I would like to.

Andrew

Morph

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006, 10:21:39 pm »
I thought you probably had done your best, Andrew.
Just like the nationals, even local newspapers...like mercenary bloodhounds.

williamx

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2006, 10:54:31 pm »
Have you tried the hospital where he was taken, they won't give his address but their counseling services would pass a message back to the family.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 04:46:30 am »
Just a thought try the address where he fell from his ladder as a customer they may have details
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

DASERVICES

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 08:47:24 am »

Another thought have you tried window cleaners in the Walsall area, they might
  know him. Here are just a few :-

http://www.townpages.com/west-midlands/walsall/window-cleaner.htm

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2006, 12:36:05 pm »
Hi,

Detective Sarah Sarill here.

Just to say I have just emailed Andrew the name, address and telephone number of the Funeral Directors who are handling this gentelmans funeral arrangements.  I have had it confirmed via a 3rd party that this info is correct and they have given my contact permission to tell me who they were.

I have not spoken to the myself to find out when the service is but would suggest, we send the flowers to the FD rather than the family at this time.

Andrew, if you want e to phone the FD as a double check and to get date details etc., just let me know - you have my addy.

Sarah

Sarah

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 06:49:10 pm »
Thanks for the info detective Sarah  ;D

As it happens I now have a message on my answerphone from the police who have contacted Mrs French. She has given them permission to pass the number on to me which I now have.

Unavoidably I am away all day tomorrow so wont be able to do anything.

The police suggested that I call Mrs French. I am willing to do this on behalf of the forum members to maybe get details of funeral etc and also to pass on the forums condolences to her. I dont want to do anything without the forums approval so I need an answer very quickly. Does anyone have any objection to me calling Mrs French tonight?

Andrew

Paul Coleman

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
Thanks for the info detective Sarah  ;D

As it happens I now have a message on my answerphone from the police who have contacted Mrs French. She has given them permission to pass the number on to me which I now have.

Unavoidably I am away all day tomorrow so wont be able to do anything.

The police suggested that I call Mrs French. I am willing to do this on behalf of the forum members to maybe get details of funeral etc and also to pass on the forums condolences to her. I dont want to do anything without the forums approval so I need an answer very quickly. Does anyone have any objection to me calling Mrs French tonight?

Andrew

Andrew.  I'm not sure if you are referring to the late window cleaner's wife but I thought the surname was Welsh.

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
Sorry mate it was.

I've been so busy I dont know if I am coming or going lately  :-[

Andrew

Nope  according to the paper and the polce it is French..