This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Skid Marks
« on: February 12, 2004, 06:49:39 pm »
I have been asked to clean the communal area of a block of flats , the problem is the kids ride through on there bikes and skid so the floor has black rubber marks , any ideas on how to remove them
John

Philip Hanson

Re: Skid Marks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 06:54:51 pm »
A good, hard clip round the ear usually does the trick
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 07:00:31 pm »
Thanks Silly ;D
Not the kids the skid marks

Les

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 07:55:40 pm »
Not very helpful Silly Philly >:(
But very clever  ;D

What sort of flooring are you dealing with Majestic, Carpet tiles or ....?
Les

Majestic

, Re: Skid Marks
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 11:33:34 pm »
Hi Les
Its vinyl
John

Les

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 11:16:13 am »
Hi John,
I'm sure people will come up with alternatives, however I found a product called 'Citraclean' made from extracts of Oranges, (and I'm not taking the Piff) ;D
It's about £8 for 5 litres and has a load of uses, your problem being one of them.
I got mine from Greenham Trading ,(you should find them if you do a search, they are a National Co).
P.S. Funny thing is that it also removes 'sticky labels', so when you splash some over the container it comes in....
the Instruction for use label falls off  ;D At least proves it works  ;)
Les

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 12:53:33 pm »
Hi John

Sounds funny I know, but we do a 'rubber broom' which is amazing at removing rubber marks from vinyl.

Prochems Ultrapac renovate is also pretty good but the rubber broom is by far and away the quickest!

They're about £13

Regards

Mike

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 09:39:39 pm »
:)
Majestic

I’ll take it that you are damp mopping the most cost effective way is with a green scour under foot, not into bending down on hand & knees unless I have too.

Care with polished floors rub too hard and you’ll go though the seal, it applies to solvents based products this will take the polish off.

Hope this helps.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)