This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is your age?

Under 20
2.2%
5 (2.2%)
20-25
5.3%
12 (5.3%)
26-30
12.3%
28 (12.3%)
31-40
23.2%
53 (23.2%)
40+
57%
130 (57%)

Total Members Voted: 211

brynley

Re: How old are you?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 03:30:13 pm »
57 next week

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »
32 started 27 needed a job looked at it as a means to N end till I got a better job 2 years in I started my first day at work again £27k It felt rubbish bare in mind I was earning much much less before as a not as serious window cleaner I went on lunch break and never came back they were gob smacked lol;) I said to my self if I walk away from this job ill have to try that water system thingy and go all or bust never looked back

Basically its the freedom that the jobs gives you or self employment gives you which is priceless sod the money I'm sat at home now with a cup of tea watching mayweathers greatest hits while my girl friend has to endure rush hour working late everyday being told what to do sod that! Ill work late when its required !
These are the things which make it great!

Nice story, glad has all worked out for you.
I don't think I'd be happy being employed ever again, it's too much of an easy life when all the pieces slot together.

steven ainger

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 03:43:21 pm »
Slowing down every year now  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »
32 started 27 needed a job looked at it as a means to N end till I got a better job 2 years in I started my first day at work again £27k It felt rubbish bare in mind I was earning much much less before as a not as serious window cleaner I went on lunch break and never came back they were gob smacked lol;) I said to my self if I walk away from this job ill have to try that water system thingy and go all or bust never looked back

Basically its the freedom that the jobs gives you or self employment gives you which is priceless sod the money I'm sat at home now with a cup of tea watching mayweathers greatest hits while my girl friend has to endure rush hour working late everyday being told what to do sod that! Ill work late when its required !

I don't think I'd be happy being employed ever again, it's too much of an easy life when all the pieces slot together.

Lol same here finished work at 2pm been gym, walked the dogs! now im playing with my African grey parrot in front room chilling watching sky and on iPad without a worry in the world whilst my mrs is slogging away in her office until 5pm with rush hour traffic to attend to before she has to come home and make her superior other half dinner...
Wouldn't want it any other way. ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »

Lol same here finished work at 2pm been gym, walked the dogs! now im playing with my African grey parrot in front room chilling watching sky and on iPad without a worry in the world whilst my mrs is slogging away in her office until 5pm with rush hour traffic to attend to before she has to come home and make her superior other half dinner...
Wouldn't want it any other way. ;D

Haha that's it ;)

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »
My Goody gum drop, I am the O A P on the forum.  Old windies never die there poles just get to shorter and shorter and  cannot to the job any longer.Its the faulty clamps I say, that were the problems lie. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 04:57:24 pm »
22 ;)

colin stee1e

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »
32 years young... only been cleaning 2 months  :o

Spent last 10 years as a psychiatric nurse

formb

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »
Quote from: mick "millwall" kent
I don't think I'd be happy being employed ever again

+1,000,000

I have had 1 other job, working for someone else, for about 10 months. The thought of being employed by somebody gives me the boak.

PoleKing

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 05:20:54 pm »
Don't know why but I always thought Mick was about 55.
I don't know any 30 year old Mick's. no offence bud
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

roundbuilder

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »
Don't know why but I always thought Mick was about 55.
I don't know any 30 year old Mick's. no offence bud

Lol cheers i guess.
Well funny though.  :o

g.brookes

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »
I worked with a guy throughout uni, i cleaned the bottom and he cleaned the tops.  Really loved it and got the bug for working outside. 
Two years after graduation and a round comes up for sale near me, decided to go for it and im a lot happier now.  earning good money, feeling very happy and sleep like a log every night

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »
36 & 1/2 today  :D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2013, 06:08:02 pm »

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

Dani J

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:38 pm »
I am 64 this November, Most of my customer think I am in my fifties.I still work a very full day of 30 houses  with out effort. Been window cleaning  for 4years.I went window cleaning as I battled to get a job in my field in business consultancy. I was told I  am past my best day. So I started my business with 136 quid and am still going after four years.It was the first time in my life some else told me how I should be feeling.I guess I m the true recycled teenager.

Much respect to you mate.

i will 2nd that.

chez

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »
Been a windie for 26 years. Seen hot summers and terrible winters where you think it's never gonna end and you nearly run out of money but survived in the end. Been a good life out in the fresh air away from office bugs. Hard work tho but a descent living now I'm reach and wash. Earn much more than I did in the old days of trad. Slowing up a bit but can still give the youngsters and newbies a run for their money.

Sean Kelly

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »
24, works well with my other job as a fire fighter   8)

WGB

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
Been cleaning 4 years now, added window cleaning as an add on 2 years ago liked it and seen the potential to grow so changed my business name at start of this year and windys is now 80% of my work. Used to build blocks before this, upto my knees in sh*t everyday, think thats why i like window cleaning so much  ;D ;D