Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Xtremely Clean

Leaflets how often
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:16 pm »
How often do you leaflet the same area, and how many leaflets do you put out a week?
Cheers
Rob Clarke

gwrightson

Re: Leaflets how often
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »

i am waiting in anticipation  fro Mikes reply  ;)

I do know Mike puts out  same area, very frequently, I also know some never put leaflets out me including, well very rarley

Geoff 
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »
I often use leaflet to hold the door open yell pages in it day was the best now you have to fold it ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dan paton

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »
type leaflets into the search bar and there's enough info to keep you reading for hours . that's what I did  :)

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »
Ok cheers lads  :)
Rob Clarke

dan paton

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:47 pm »
clarkey when you search as I did you will find the same pieces of info being repeated over and over by different people . then you will have to make your own mind up. The biggest problem with leaflets is there are too many different factors to consider . colour,size,what time of day delivery is , price on/price off etc etc  so a leaflet that works in one area could bomb in another.. I thought I had it all sussed out before I started them .. Boy how wrong was I .. The best bit of advice I got was to split test them.. ie always have two different ones going out at the same time then you can start tweeking them to suit .. (i'm no expert by the way. it's just my humble opinion).

ian harper

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:02:33 am »
clarkey1

have you ever been told about the JP 3 letter sequence. it works really well and teaches you just how you can leave money in an area.

The answer ins "big fish little pond not little fish big pond"

dan paton

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 06:44:46 am »
What's the JP 3 sequence Ian ?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:54 am »
We try and not go over a month.

But we some times find ourselfs  doing the same area within  2 weeks, its a bit of a perpetual thing we leaflet as we clean so get jobs were we are working, so again.... we leaflet as we are cleaning which again gets jobs were we are working..etc..Etc.

I have little gold mine villages which I make sure we do every month

If we are doing the same street within a week we put out our next door nieghbor card instead of the leaflet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Allan Simmons

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 09:19:42 am »
We hit the same area every 12-13 weeks with an offer that lasts 4 weeks, gotta have an offer and a deadline.  We now find people call to ask when the leaflet with the offer is coming.  Best thing about doing it this way is all the work is in the same area, so limited travel, often less than 5 mins between jobs, so you can fit an extra job in the day and increase your per van average.  We also found that adding local comments/testimonials to the leaflet, and refreshing them each drop if possible, makes a massive difference.  If you have 6-8 testimonials from people in the same area as the leaflet is going that really helps.  Also try to use unusual family names, so if you have a Mrs LeVoigiere (not sure f that's spalt reyt) then chances are people in Thorne will Know her as it's an unusual name, if that makes sense.  We also do a small A6 notepad as a '5 around' and dropping these when doing the jobs in those areas you've leafleted again just adds to the number of times people are exposed to YOU in the area.  This builds you as THE cleaner who is always seen in the area as it has a drip drip effect.

It also drives repeat work too as we also mailshot all our existing clients in that same area at the same time as the leaflet is going out saying the leaflet is in the area, the offer is XYZ and a bonus for you is free spotter product (or whatever), so they are exposed to us twice.  We do have people say they had our letter, forgot to call, then got the leaflet which reminded them again.  This also works well if you mailshot your clients who are in the small villages local to where you are dropping the leaflets, as these villages often don't get leaflets, so it's an excuse for you to write to them.  Say something like "We know you don't get our offer leaflet, but didn't want you to miss out, so here's the offer that's on that leaflet..."  Again this generates jobs in the same local area, reducing travel and costs.  We try to focus and target the marketing to maximise return and reduce spend on marketing cost and fuel/vehicle costs.

It does take time to build a successful campaign, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Al.

garry22

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
Never make the mistake of thinking that you are the only company delivering leaflets in a particular area.

garry22

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:30:33 pm »
What's the JP 3 sequence Ian ?

It's a series of three consecutive sales letters that count down to an event or date.

It was pioneered by Dan Kennedy in a restaurant promotion leading up to Valentine's Night (from the restaurant's "Romance Manager"). They were/are based in sequential letters used in the debt collection business (ever been late with a credit card and received a sequence of letters?).

The conversion rates for these are far better than a "single shot" letter.

A good example would be an email autoresponder sequence.

ps Have you sorted that site yet Dan?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »
Garry That's why you need to be a bit clever and get inside the head of the leaflet company, my local guy goes out in a transit with 12 guys in the back, he will hit an area and put out 8000 in a day but he needs that number to make it pay he won't travel to a village of 100 houses or stop at as he drives to do 15 houses down a country lane.

We have leaflets in the van at all times, if we stop at a village shop we will do 10 minutes leafleting if we see a lonely farmhouse they get a leaflet.

We do awkward long drives that take time we are not too bothered by how many we put out, unlike companies who get paid for every 1000 they put out so they want the easy & quick  option
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

garry22

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 05:22:47 pm »
I agree Mike. I live in a village and rarely get leaflets.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 08:06:25 pm »
Mike's spot on!

Yes Garry, there are others leafleting, so be aware.  But they tend to fall into the once in a blue moon brigade, that's why Mike's/our approach seems to work for us when others say leaflets are a waste of time.  Admittedly design message etc etc etc etc all play a part, but if you're seen regularly, rather than once a flood, people start to recognise you as THE carpet cleaner in the area.  Changing the testimonials if possible does help, people do notice.  We're not perfect at it though, always room for improvement. 

bennymon

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »
I usually put out 20,000 a month always to the same homes it works well . My delivery team have just packed it in tho so no more leaflets going out for £19 per thousand round this way a lot of them are £60 per thousand  :o del

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 11:16:53 pm »
Got some good ideas to go off, cheers  :)
Rob Clarke

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »
I usually put out 20,000 a month always to the same homes it works well . My delivery team have just packed it in tho so no more leaflets going out for £19 per thousand round this way a lot of them are £60 per thousand  :o del

that's why they packed in lol