Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

amberini

query about my airflex storm
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:35:41 pm »
Hi all,  i have received my airflex storm ( i went to collect on agreed date but it was not ready?... so they had to send) however from what i can remember the other airflex including the storm was neat & silicon free around the shell?  ours however is covered in silicon especially around the circle (with all the logo's) on the shell?   now there are things missing and as mentioned it arrived late and was not ready for collection on agreed date,  i am now concerned that this is a return or something similar and repaired before sending out to me?    does anybody else have this silicon on their storm & am i being a little paranoid?   i dont want to bother matt at cleansmart if its normal?

any help please

Jamie Pearson

Re: query about my airflex storm
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 05:48:22 pm »
I am sure Matt will be happy to answer your queries.

amberini

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:05:44 pm »
thanks  :) i will be trying to talk to mat first thing in morning but my concern is these are or i thought they were one piece shells??   and was hoping other air flex users could let me know if their machines are also covered in silicon... because the ones i tested at cleansmart were not, and i need to be sure i am not wasting either mine or mats time with something that may turn out trivial lol   

but on a serious note i am a little worried just because i drove over to nottinham to collect but machine was not ready? parts missing and no communication regarding machine not being ready?  i really like mat and have faith but i also know business is business & dont want to be caught short from a mistake that was not noticed until it was to late?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:16 pm »
The silicone is normal. I had it on both my airflex pro and airflex Storm.

Applying silicone to the body is probably the last job in the manufacturing stage before it leaves the factor. The bits you are talking about are just the dry over spill from the edges. This will all go within a few days without you doing anything.

What else is missing? i'm sure Matt will put you right.

amberini

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:03 pm »
its been a week now?  its not the dry stuff on the corners but thick silicon all around the circle ... like what you put around the bath to stop leaks?   just ugly & white  ???   my better half thought it was second hand lol    like i say i hope its nothing but ive been on ebay, other forums etc and online looking at hundreds of pictures even youtube but none have a thick white silicon going the complete way around the unit?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 06:46:35 pm »
Yeah, mines got that too. Its been almost a year and still there  ;D Its normal.

If you think that ugly you should see the Jaguar or Scorpion  ;D lol

Glynn

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 06:46:46 pm »
There was no white silicone on our's when it arrived.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »

The round bit with the sticker would be the waste tank ?   which sits on rest of the body but probably uses a bit of adhesive to hold it firm ... could it just be squished out adhesive ?  cant see it been a structural repair as silicon on a waste tank would be a bit like sellotape to repair a car puncture ...   any pics ?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 07:00:27 pm »
John, nail on the head.

Just went to my spare room to have a look. Got to say that it doesn't look that noticeable. I think it soon loses its whiteness.

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »
It is visable on mine, just normal i would say.

amberini

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 07:24:05 pm »
cheers everyone i feel a little more at ease now  :D

tried to upload a photo but it wouldn't let me so will have to just call it a day,  i will give mat a ring in the morning & just play it safe but like you say ,  a little silicon around dont make it as ugly as some machines lol   ... just hope if it ever needs to be sold someone else csn over look this because i know for sure that if this was second hand with this much silicon i would not be buying it lol

Richard Cole

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 07:36:39 pm »
Yes, i have it on mine, its normal.

As a side note took mine for a long overdue service today as i had a problem with the remote box which had stopped working, which it had once before but i could easily see a loose wire that time. 

Frank a Cleansmart worked his wonders and fixed the problem, gave it a good service - needed a new gasket around vac motors area and put a new storm sticker on the side as the original fell off.  Machine all nice and clean and ready to roll again 1 and 1/2  hours later. :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!