This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Window cleaner invents
« on: March 04, 2006, 04:25:17 pm »
Window Cleaner Invents New Safety Can to Save Lives 

Ian Whieldon, a Window Cleaner from Leek in Staffordshire, UK, has invented and patented a device for drinks cans which could prevent thousands of deaths each year.

(PRWEB) February 5, 2006 -- Ian Whieldon, a Window Cleaner from Leek in Staffordshire,UK, has invented and patented a device for drinks cans which could prevent thousands of deaths each year. 

It is a remarkably simple device, "The Filter Can" involves a fine aluminium mesh that swivels over the mouth-piece of the can once it has been opened, therefore preventing the drinks from being contaminated or spiked and also to stop insects crawling into cans. 

Mr Whieldon, 41, was inspired after watching the tragic story of a four year old toddler who had died after swallowing a wasp that had found its way into the drinks can. In the US alone, more people die from the poison of these insects than that of snakes or spiders. 

He has also created a "clubbing can" which is based on the same design to prevent date-rapists lacing drinks. Club and date rape drugs are responsible for numerous deaths every year. The drugs are tasteless, colourless and odourless and are therefore undetected by the victim. Victims find themselves dizzy, sick and in some cases, unconscious.

There is also the hyginic side of any other unwanted visitors, such as cigarette butts not being able to find their way inside the can. 

Mr Whieldon is now seeking drink can manufacturers to take the design into full production. It is hoped that consumers as well as retailers from small sweet shops to supermarket chains will now rally the major players in the drinks can industry to switch their cans to the "Filter Can" this being the case, the Window Cleaner from Leek will not have to wait too long before he squeezes our his chamois leather for the last time.

Rob_Mac

Re: Window cleaner invents
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »
Apparently it was said on local radio that he has the worldwide patent for 130 countries and is going to be a multi millionaire

Rob - Jammy git ;D

gaza

Re: Window cleaner invents
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 04:39:22 pm »
MY MATE  YRS AGO met a bird at an open air festival,and they  arranged to meet later on in the day/night,inbetween he swallowed a wasp in a beer can,well his face swelled up like a hamster eyes shut ,chubby cheeks.

He was real peed of cus he hadent had a bird for a long time,she saw the funny side but later ditched him when his eace got back to normal ;

MYold mate :'(
me  ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO