Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Emin

hand tools
« on: February 11, 2004, 07:56:56 pm »
Hello everyone

I have just forked out cuple of grand to start my own part time carpet cleaning business. it will mainly be domestic carpets. But i will get the odd upholstery to do.

So i just wanted your advice whether i can use the Prochem "Glidemaster hand tool" for stairst and upholstery (looking for a two in one sort of tool you see ;D)

It has a 4 inch head with 0.4gpm spray nozzle.

All advice will be appreaciated. :)

Les

Re: hand tools
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 08:06:53 pm »
Hullo..
You may wish to look at the posts in reply to 'Advice on hand tools please' further down this page.
It might answer your query.
If it doesn't just pretend I never replied ;D
Les ;)

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 09:19:08 pm »
Emin, My personal view is that you would not want to use the same tool for carpets and upholstery.  :o
I use Prochem tools and have stair tool and S/S upholstery tool. You do NOT want to overwet upholstery so by using uph tool, you only spray a mist. (You can go over areas more than once without soaking) ;)
I also feel that stair tools can get scratched/gouged on grippers so not good to use on upholstery in case of tears etc. ;D
Welcome to the world of Carpet Cleaning and the forums :)
Lets be careful out there people.

Ed Valentine

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 09:37:33 pm »
Great Advice, Chris!

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 11:42:46 pm »
My feeling too Chris, but been a thick Yorkshireman couldn't put it into words :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ::) ::) ::)
I get better looking each day!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 11:46:45 pm »
From one thick Yorkshireman to another, if you want an affordable upholstery tool try buying one second hand on this forum.

Shaun

PS I'm trying to sell the benefits of using cleanitup honest ;D