Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

Re: Prices up north..!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »
Well I'm positive despite previous comments.
My average price is going up and I'm going to have a serious bash at canvassing any I get will be at decent prices although I think it will take time I'm up for the challenge.
Negativity never gets us anywhere :D

I agree possitive all the way!.

Positivity

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »
Negativity never gets us anywhere Cheesy 

Does too - gets you down.
What more could you want?

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »

I've got one round where I park up, pull the reel nearly all the way out and work for a full day ;D

I used to do that too. Maybe to sort of convince myself that i had some great compact work where i didn't need to move the van. In the end i found the easiest way to do it was to actually move the van  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

DG Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:30:24 pm »

I've got one round where I park up, pull the reel nearly all the way out and work for a full day ;D

I used to do that too. Maybe to sort of convince myself that i had some great compact work where i didn't need to move the van. In the end i found the easiest way to do it was to actually move the van  ;D

Trust me its not, one of the streets has no car access for a start off.

dotty

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:21 pm »
it seems like north v south and south always having a go at us from the north i work nr rotherham and people are going mad for work just get on with your own job and look after your self
p doherty

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:16 pm »
Fox poo?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »
The guy has 2 or 3 working for him and they're all trad, they are obviously not making to much money but if they're knocking out 5-6 houses per hour then he will be gaining a possible £20-£25 an hour off the employees plus whatever he cleans for himself, it's a different business model I know but it still works does it not..?

Graham

DG Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 11:34:09 pm »
The guy has 2 or 3 working for him and they're all trad, they are obviously not making to much money but if they're knocking out 5-6 houses per hour then he will be gaining a possible £20-£25 an hour off the employees plus whatever he cleans for himself, it's a different business model I know but it still works does it not..?

Graham

It works for the guy who owns the round definitely.
The lads who work for him don't get much but then again how they are employed is often up for question.

formb

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 06:33:07 am »
I don't care how many you've got. You are not making any money at 3.50 a pop; not if you are paying all the necessary taxes any way.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 07:17:14 am »
I agree with everyone saying this is to cheap, but it does show a different business structure does it not..? On the figures I quoted you could employ and pay taxes and still make profit but I do question the quality of workmanship and the health & safety implications of having 2 or 3 lads possibly working 6-7 hours a day on trad, apparently there was a slightly higher charge until this particular crew got into a price war with the other company who also have a fair bit of work on this estate, it's on a new development in Southwick, any of you guys work here.?

Graham

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 07:37:56 am »
£3.50 a house is no business stucture,come off it thats stupid.
Thats not a business.
Thats just people topping there dole up.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 08:24:28 am »
£3.50 a house is no business stucture,come off it thats stupid.
Thats not a business.
Thats just people topping there dole up.
I couldnt agree more.
Unless they still living in the 70's!.

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 08:27:13 am »
I do agree with you all but what I'm saying is there are different business structures out there that still make money, just an observation that's all !

Graham

jimiwindows

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 10:30:20 am »
Come to london the streets are paved with gold.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 11:32:24 am »
these sorts of posts are always hot topics!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

from the information ive gathered there is a vast array of different prices up and down the country and even in the same streets we work! ;D ;D

the fact is if you provide a good service,are likeable,clean and tidy and adopt a professional attitude without taking yourself too seriously then you are onto a winner.you can charge more than other window cleaners providing you work in more affluent areas.

be flexible with frequencies,offer different ways of paying their bill,offer add ons like conny roof/fascia/soffit and solar panel cleaning,offer text before clean if access an issue.

customers of mine love this and are willing to pay a bit more for a good,reliable service.

i know of a company who work near me and they are in general more expensive than me.they have employees as well but are finding it hard to get more compact work as other window cleaners work that area and have lots of work.its either me or another couple of guys i know so they charge more and inevitably they either drop the work then we pick it up or the customers defer to us as they find out we provide a very good service cheaper and clean for lots of people in the area.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!