This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

Re: Help trying to get foot in the door with commercial work
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:49 am »
commercial work is far better than commercial,yes most you wait 30 days to be paid,so what?
if your earning lots doing commercials and also a good residential round it doesn't matter.
think you were meant to say domestic lol yer your right commercial is better but its hard to get it and it is good to have a good domestic round while your waiting to get payed buy the commercial work all my commercial work has come to me i never really hunted for it but it took a while for it to come in.   
Yes lol meant domestic
Ive never hunted for it and picked up a lot.
But after trying telesales its opened a new world up realising how much work is out there.
I have 20 follow ups from 45 that was contacted.
sounds good mate well done might have to give a go myself  ;D
If you need her contact details email and i wi pass you on to her.
Cheers
contact@cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 03:42:14 pm »
If you want a decent commercial canvasser that is reliable and produces results then call Kate as mentioned before, i have used her for ages on and off and she has provided me with some really good ops ;)

benny donnelly

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »

Cheers for all the replies on this one folks!

Tomorrow morning I am calling in person to each place and I wont be leaving without either getting talking to the person I should be dealing with or at least get a correct name, they seem to be only to happy to fob you off over the phone.

I will keep you all posted on how tomorrow goes, it may prove fruitful you never no!

windiewasher

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »

Cheers for all the replies on this one folks!

Tomorrow morning I am calling in person to each place and I wont be leaving without either getting talking to the person I should be dealing with or at least get a correct name, they seem to be only to happy to fob you off over the phone.

I will keep you all posted on how tomorrow goes, it may prove fruitful you never no!
You wont get nowhere m8
You need telesales to get you the meetings.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

robertphil

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 10:06:22 pm »
a good line to get into is big private nursing homes . they have money ,  every towns got em and small 1 man banders cant get a look in  i have discovered .

benny donnelly

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 10:18:53 pm »
a good line to get into is big private nursing homes . they have money ,  every towns got em and small 1 man banders cant get a look in  i have discovered .

I actually have a private nursing home as a customer and the owner isnt so quick when it comes to payment, it was actually one of the first commercial jobs I got, its an easy clean all ground level windows and they are 99% clean anyway, he took me straight up on the quote I give on the day and I was surprised he hadnt a cleaner before me, but from first payment due ive had to chase and chase them all which got me thinking maybe his last cleaner just dropped him just not worth the time and energy

robertphil

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »
a good line to get into is big private nursing homes . they have money ,  every towns got em and small 1 man banders cant get a look in  i have discovered .

I actually have a private nursing home as a customer and the owner isnt so quick when it comes to payment, it was actually one of the first commercial jobs I got, its an easy clean all ground level windows and they are 99% clean anyway, he took me straight up on the quote I give on the day and I was surprised he hadnt a cleaner before me, but from first payment due ive had to chase and chase them all which got me thinking maybe his last cleaner just dropped him just not worth the time and energy

ah i see .
 erly on this year  i picked up a big home that is part of a chain, or group im not sure . i had to tender for it and altho i pitched in fairly low turns out i wasnt the lowest .  im thinking that these places could pad out the diary nicely  if they are big enough to have a manager /not an owner/ in place . searching the homes website will tell you that and reveal if its a chain home  . my own seaside town has at least a dozen big homes ,iv only got 3  , first i got as a nurse is a mate of mine and at first was unsure whether to take them on  and got hostile reception from some of the staff at  the 2nd  of these, but their bite was worse than their bark oops wrong way round,i told my workers shout back and stick a few FFF into them,theyll respect you more  !

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20:54 pm »

Depending on how much you need the dollar, tell them that from next clean you'll only be cleaning if on a standing order payment.
S/O to arrive in your account on the first if the month (so you're paid in advance)
Be prepared to walk away (if you can afford it)
I do ok these days and have started pricing higher.
Lots of customers have said that I'm expensive. I've replied words to the effect if 'you get what you pay for' or 'you have to ask yourself, if someone can do it cheaper, why?'
Every time I've walked off, politely, saying "I'll leave it with you"
Every single one-except 2 have come on board.

When you don't actually NEED the money, it does wonders for your confidence.
Confidence in turn begets customers.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.