This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Water metre bill
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:35:15 am »
As I am new to wfp, can someone tell me how much I will be charged for my water bill so I can budget for when the bill comes in?

I have a 650litre reach n wash Ionics PRO-5. This produces 60 pure to 40 waste so approx 1000 litres in total. My water supply is from my home address and is metred.

Thanks all.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Ian_Giles

Re: Water metre bill
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:40:40 am »
Providing you are on a domestic tariff, and depending on your water company charges, you will be paying roughly £1.00 per cubic Metre of water

But it does depend on what area you are in of course, different authorities has differing charges.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:59:19 am »
Thanks Ian.
£1 per cubic metre? That sounds very cheap! I live in Oxfordshire but dont know off-hand water the rates are but will check it out. My 650litre tank is approx 1.5 cubic metres so that would be £1.50 please double that due to the waste water so about £3 per tank load!! If that is correct I am very happy with that. As I am new to the business I am only filling up once maybe twice a week so I think I can easily bubget for £6 a week!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

macc

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:58:38 pm »
hi, dont forget that £1 a cubic mtr is supply, we get another bill on top which is 96% of supply. macc.  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 06:09:05 pm »
Thanks Ian.
£1 per cubic metre? That sounds very cheap! I live in Oxfordshire but dont know off-hand water the rates are but will check it out. My 650litre tank is approx 1.5 cubic metres so that would be £1.50 please double that due to the waste water so about £3 per tank load!! If that is correct I am very happy with that. As I am new to the business I am only filling up once maybe twice a week so I think I can easily bubget for £6 a week!

A cubic metre of water is exactly 1,000 litres is a metric tonne.  That's why metric measurements are the size and weight they are.  They are based on the most plentiful substance on the planet - water.  Even temperature is based on it -  100 degrees C being boiling point and 0 degrees C being freezing point.
I suppose it makes sense to base all these weights and measurements around water really due to there being so much of it (south east England excepted).

williamx

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 08:43:21 pm »
Does that mean that the south east is going back to pounds and ounces ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 10:17:45 pm »
Does that mean that the south east is going back to pounds and ounces ;D

Pounds shillings and pence I think at the rate we're going.   :)

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:42:53 am »
HOLY POOP , £1 and £1.50 per cubic metre , you want to come down to the SW my last bill for a quarter was 30 cubic metres for £105.36 , a rather annoying £3.50 per cubic metre !
The annoying thing is 60% of that charge is for drainage and 40% is for the water , do you think i will get a discount if i tell them that most of the water used does not go into my drain !

Rich P @ F  :o
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

JM123

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:31:14 pm »
Most ro units can be used with a brine/permeate pump (from Aquafx www.aquariumwaterfilters.com or www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk) which needs no elec supply and allows for up to 85% of waste water to be recycled.  Fantastic product and as long as you flush your ro regularly then should be no prob.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I