This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Harvey

Limited Company or Sole Trader
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
I have not long started my own oven cleaning business and was working on the basis of being a sole trader. However one accountant I spoke to has suggested coming a ltd company to save on tax. It seems to me like a lot of paperwork for not much more gain. Plus as a sole trader I could do the tax returns myself. Any thoughts out there from people who are just one man bands like me?

Dean Browne

Re: Limited Company or Sole Trader
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:34:59 am »
I think it is all down to income and turn over I self cert so I don't have an accountant.

Dean

www.wecareweclean.co.uk

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »
I have not long started my own oven cleaning business and was working on the basis of being a sole trader. However one accountant I spoke to has suggested coming a ltd company to save on tax. It seems to me like a lot of paperwork for not much more gain. Plus as a sole trader I could do the tax returns myself. Any thoughts out there from people who are just one man bands like me?

Unless your going be turnover high amounts then you can do it yourself.   I use a bookeeper do check them once every return is due however your accountant you went to see will be trying to create work for himself.

Ev Land

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »
It really depends on your level of income. Many times it is not worth the switch over because you usually do have to hire a tax accountant to handle the new complexity and then all of your savings is just going to them. I once upgraded to an S Corp and it was so expensive to do the taxes (and complicated) that I had to dissolve it.
Cleaning business system designer and consultant. I owned my own cleaning service for 10 years and have been consulting online for 11 years.