This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: Bullied by natwest cashier to open bizz acc I said no
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 08:12:36 pm »
Cant understand anyone running a business not having a business account  ??? ??? ??? . Mike

Nor can I.

I go for my haircut, I expect to pay.
I get my car valeted, I expect to pay.
I get a taxi home after a night out, I expect to pay.

I don't understand why using a bank is any different. They are simply a profit making company offering a service....for a cost.

I don't understand the mentality of people expecting to receive free business (or personal) banking. Am I missing something?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »
They are developing software now that will allow you to photograph the cheque, and sending the details electronicaly,
so you don't even have to go to the branch !
Already available for some US banks. Amazing innit.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 08:57:50 pm »
Ill see what happens , I'm guessing they are going to call me again as that woman seemed on a Mission,am expecting them to be forcful too,I kept it like this cos, its easy , and free I don't want to waste money on something I don't need

looks like I will have to open one but will seek the best offer, once there free banking expires
Ill have to keep updating details , those who are happy to pay how much does it end up costing with natwest a month on your average month ?

robertphil

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 09:06:01 pm »
Cant understand anyone running a business not having a business account  ??? ??? ??? . Mike

Nor can I.

I don't understand why using a bank is any different. They are simply a profit making company offering a service....for a cost.

I don't understand the mentality of people expecting to receive free business (or personal) banking. Am I missing something?
theyr money grabbin , same as the royal family. iv shelled out for enuf royal weddings in my time thank you

deeege

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 09:27:09 pm »
My local corner shop are money grabbers too.....so I don't shop there, simple really.

If a certain bank is 'money grabbing' then don't use them, simple as that. They are just offering a service, not forcing you to use that service.

I'd be surprised if you (Robertphil) have ever had a bank account. You are so distrusting of anyone and everyone you probably sleep with your money under your mattress whilst keeping one eye open incase an ex customer or employee is coming after you.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
I think it's £25 a month for the set fee and then it doesn't matter how many cheques you pay in. Or you can pay per transaction.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »
( I cut my own use clippers saves a fortune over the year)

(I washed it my self when I had it now sold it as have no reason to have it got A girl friend 6 years don't need to impress her Anymore dirty vans just fine)

(I'd rather get a night buss or a train/tube, not going to get ripped off by a taxi mate here in london if we can help it we won't chuck money at taxis lol!

and i don't like being muged off by the bank if i dont need to be ,who have pretty much muged off the contry ,

Looks like ill have to open one maybe it won't be as bad as I think it is !!!!;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »
I think it's £25 a month for the set fee and then it doesn't matter how many cheques you pay in. Or you can pay per transaction.

£25 for an easy life I might just do that, ill make sure to bank pooploads of cheques with my new show off green light account lol!!
£300 a year expensis that I didn't need but sod it!
At least this way I can go to my local who were the worst at freaking out still have the first 2 years free so it ain't that bad

Bens windows

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
Dont use natwest for business ! I was getting around £35 a month charges ( i still dont understand why),I use santander now,had free banking for a year ,now pay £7.50 set rate ,they have paying in machines outside so rarely need to go in the bank,but when i do i find the cashiers are really slow compared to natwest .

Same as you i felt bullied by natwest to use business banking .

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »
Dont use natwest for business ! I was getting around £35 a month charges ( i still dont understand why),I use santander now,had free banking for a year ,now pay £7.50 set rate ,they have paying in machines outside so rarely need to go in the bank,but when i do i find the cashiers are really slow compared to natwest .

Cool, do they charge you to transfer your money once a month to your personal £7.50 is happy

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »
If a custy said I want my conny roof cleaned 3 times a year for free would you do it for free? Like #### would you. You run a business you need a business account, get over it and worry about more important things in life.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:23 pm »
If a custy said I want my conny roof cleaned 3 times a year for free would you do it for free? Like #### would you. You run a business you need a business account, get over it and worry about more important things in life.

Haha fair enogh;)
£7.50 a month no more ;))) lol

Bens windows

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 09:51:00 pm »

Cool, do they charge you to transfer your money once a month to your personal £7.50 is happy

I have my business and personal accounts on the same login account ,i rarely need to transfer between the two unless one account is getting dry ,but i presume its free .

davids3511

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »

Nor can I.

None of these are a proper analogy. I generally having a running balance of a few k in my business account for emergencies. The bank in turn lend that out at 8% . They are making £160 a year from MY money. The hair dresser can't sell your split ends, the taxi driver can't sell your regurgitated sat night kebab.

davids3511

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 09:57:46 pm »
Again, not a proper analogy. The bank gears up and lends out whatever you have in your account. As I understand it they need to only hold about 10%  of what they lend out, the capital adequacy ratio, so my 2k becomes 20k at 8% pa = £1600. Don't feel sorry for the banks.

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
£7.50 is very good might have to change when my free 2 yrs is up.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »
Again, not a proper analogy. The bank gears up and lends out whatever you have in your account.

That is my view too its annoying thou but to save arguments with cashiers , ill have to fold to it , the other post made sence get over it a few quid a month for an easy life makes sence I feel like paying that parking ticket that I didn't feel was fair but couldn't be botherd to fight it in court,

if only everyone stuck together or if everyone was like me then we would have free banking as they can turn one away but they can't turn away everyone !

Tomboler

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »
Again, not a proper analogy. The bank gears up and lends out whatever you have in your account.
thats right, if you've a couple of grand sat in an account, for the sake of argument, then the bank earns on it, they certainly don't pay any interest out on it  - bank charges can be outrageous - some though seem to like the prestige of having a business account, they talk about putting expenses through 'the company' even though 'the company' only really trades a few hours a week and turns over a couple hundred quid  ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »
Lol so if we all stuck together they won't be able to make money off us at 8 bloody percent some buy to let's are less then 8% gross the bank do have a nerve they make money of us then charges and bully small buissness to spend more money with them so in effect they are making money from us and charging us!!!

davids3511

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »
Just had a quick butchers at my bank. For a 2k loan they want 12%.