This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ged

anti vibration gloves
« on: June 28, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
Can anyone recommend good anti-vibration gloves. Started today with symptoms of trigger thumb where the tendon moving the thumb becomes inflamed and painful and eventually stuck. Had it about five years ago in other hand and needed surgery to release.

Rob_Mac

Re: anti vibration gloves
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »
Ged

Is this something related to requiring anti vibration gloves, an existing problem or the way that you are holding the trigger, possibly for extended periods.

Is it worth looking at a Suttner? trigger - much easier on the grip & whole hand generally.

I don't think that antivibration gloves will help. I would look at the easier trigger and a glove with a different padding set up to take some strain from the thumb.

Good luck

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
I have vibration white finger - VWF which is caused by vibration over long periods - years. I got mine while I worked in a coal mine. My fingers are always cold, go white and I can't tell the difference between hot and cold things or feel to do up buttons. It sounds to me like you have carpol tunnel issues which is the tube in the palm of your hand squashing the nerves.
  You need to look seriously at your method, don't hold it too tight, change hands more regularly or get the missus to do it.
   I think that Sutner gun as mentioned above would help with pressure washing  ;)

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/guns-low-trigger-force-high-pressure-guns-c-306_313.html

steve scotter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »
Re- anti vibration gloves

Don't waste your money, as Health and Safety professional I can tell you they do not work.

Steve
Steve Scotter Tech IOSH
IOSH Registered Health and Safety Technical Practitioner
www. mould-detectives.co.uk
www. extreme cleaners training.co.uk

Jettaway

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »
As a user I use anti vibration gloves and think there great!!
There not the be all and end all. You can't beat regular breaks but I've found that they have stopped the tingling sensation I used to get after being on the machine all day. I used to have baf tingly fingers in the afternoon/evenings whilst driving home. Not any more though.