This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

are gardiners no longer taking phone orders
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »
tried to order on the phone but was advised by message to order on line didnt seem to be a temporary thing?

so internet orders only?

Frankybadboy

Re: are gardiners no longer taking phone orders
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:40:11 pm »
on hols???

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:42:55 pm »
I ordered some bits this morning by phone :)

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »
Just when they are busy, I left a message to alter an order I made earlier, and they sent an email with confirmation !

Their customer service is brilliant.

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »
Just when they are busy, I left a message to alter an order I made earlier, and they sent an email with confirmation !

Their customer service is brilliant.

thats probably why
any how part ordered on internet

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »
I wouldn't know if their customer service is good or not; every time I decide to order a pole it's out of stock :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

home6442

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:18 pm »
I wouldn't know if their customer service is good or not; every time I decide to order a pole it's out of stock :-\

Couldn't agree more their suppliers must be on strike.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:35 pm »

You just need to start deciding at different times mate. ;)

home6442

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:43:09 pm »
I fully understand that there is a high demand for their poles
but a good supplier should allow for this.
At the end of the day like most I cant afford to keep a stock pile of spare poles
so I need to know that my supplier can replace my pole a short notice if needed.
Yes I fully understand at times items are not going to be in stock but some of their poles haven't been in
stock in over 4 weeks and they cant even tell when they will have them in again.
These are not items we a can do without our livings depend on them.
If any of you where to break a pole would you like to wait 4 weeks on a replacement or
have to waste money on a inferior pole to do until you can get one of Gardiners.
Doesn't feel like good customer service to me.

Bill Troop

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
tried to order on the phone but was advised by message to order on line didnt seem to be a temporary thing?

so internet orders only?
~I have had the same problems.
Unable to order by phone.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
put your prices up then john!! :) ;) ;D ;D

you should have 3 or 4 poles IMO.so then you have back up when things go wrong or break.its not alex gardiners fault if you only have one pole and it breaks.same goes for connectors,hoses,brushes,resin etc.

it pays to have a good stock of spares to minimize downtime esp if you have a busy round.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 10:10:04 pm »
We are still taking phone orders  :)

We have a standard message on the phone systems so that when all the lines are busy clients are reminded that if they just want to place an order they can order online. We currently have 6 phone lines in and this is proving to be too few so we are just about to add another 4 phone lines in to try and keep up with the demand for clients wishing to use the phone.

As to keeping pole stock in, we are currently only out of stock of the CLX22 and CLX27. Having introduced the new range of poles it is very hard to always order enough stock well in advance to satisfy a demand that you cannot quantify at the time the orders are placed. We generally place orders for pole production about 3 months in advance so if a pole size proves very popular, particularly with a new range, it can lead to a few weeks being out of stock. This is not ideal, but it has happened. We actually ordered more poles with this first order of new poles than we had ever ordered before, however this was still not enough to keep up with the initial demand for these sizes in particular.

The good news is that by next week we will be back in stock on all of these sizes.

ben M

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »

you should have 3 or 4 poles IMO.so then you have back up when things go wrong or break.its not alex gardiners fault if you only have one pole and it breaks.same goes for connectors,hoses,brushes,resin etc.

it pays to have a good stock of spares to minimize downtime esp if you have a busy round.

best wishes

dazmond
how many poles have you got Daz?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

home6442

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:44 pm »

best wishes

dazmond

O.k. then what happens if your stock pile of poles get stolen
or something else to that effect.
Would you want to wait weeks on end to replace them.
What Im trying to say is any good business needs a good reliable supplier.

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:09 am »

best wishes

dazmond

Lol ;D what brushes you got on your 4 poles?aquadapter or pole taps daz?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

traps7

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »
At the end of the day like most I cant afford to keep a stock pile of spare poles
so I need to know that my supplier can replace my pole a short notice if needed.
Yes I fully understand at times items are not going to be in stock but some of their poles haven't been in
stock in over 4 weeks and they cant even tell when they will have them in again.
If any of you where to break a pole would you like to wait 4 weeks on a replacement or
have to waste money on a inferior pole to do until you can get one of Gardiners.

I wouldn't dream of telling Gardiners how to run their obviously very successful business.
It's a free country. You don't have to shop there or buy there products.
Personally, I can't fault their products or customer service.
They are always my first stop.

ben M

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 10:26:53 pm »

best wishes

dazmond

Lol ;D what brushes you got on your 4 poles?aquadapter or pole taps daz?
3 or 4 poles?  ;D

home6442

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:30:55 pm »

I wouldn't dream of telling Gardiners how to run their obviously very successful business.
It's a free country. You don't have to shop there or buy there products.
Personally, I can't fault their products or customer service.
They are always my first stop.

If your customers have a problem with your service would you rather they confronted
you about it and give you the chance to sort it, or leave and go with somebody else?

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 06:10:41 am »
John the fact of the matter is no other company has the high demand for their products than Gardiners , That is why everybody else always poles in stock . Mike