Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Achieving the best results?
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:26:35 pm »
Hello Chaps

I have some office carpet tiles to clean in a few weeks time, lots of tea stains and the usual heavy soil due to neglect.
After using my pile lifter to remove as much of the dry soils as possible how would you approach the next stage?
I have just acquired a Rotowash machine and wondered what the best method was for using it on this kind if job...
Or would you just use a rotary and an encap?

Ideas please

Russ

John Kelly

Re: Achieving the best results?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »
Rotary and encap. As was demonstrated at the TACCA day you can never remove all the dirt from commercial carpets. Wet cleaning leaves behind dirty water so you are as well off just bonneting. As the photos from Paul Moss recently demonstrate you can even achieve good results on totally trashed carpets.

Neil Jones

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:06:10 am »
I agree with John, all I ever do is encap, well I thought I did until I was told yesterday that fusion clean isn't actually an encalsulator.
Plus using the rotowash will take forever.

Don't ask why I'm awake at 6am when I worked 8-10 yesterday, my body clock is wierd.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:06 am »
Ok so it's the encap route...
I have several products to choose from:

Release it DS
Release it Hydrox
Surround

What's the best method when using a rotary? How much do I need to lay down and on carpet tiles is it a pad or a brush to agitate ?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »
Mix the hydrox strong with hot water in a pump sprayer and pre spot the coffee stains.

If its really trashed pre spray as you would when hwe the traffic lanes with your chosen encap for the rest of job. You could brush it in with your flexi 5 if really bad.

Then working in 20m2 sections spray an area and scrub with your chosen pad. Don't bother with a brush they are for rug cleaning or broadloom carpet.

After spraying all your tea/coffee spills experiment with a couple of areas to see what works best. Try different pads to see what gives optimum results.

It is sometimes worth going over the whole area first then coming back to problem areas for a second hit after they have been allowed to dry out.

Some dry bonnet pads can also be used on really heavy congested areas to make them "pop"

davep

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 01:09:40 pm »
Rotary and encap. As was demonstrated at the TACCA day you can never remove all the dirt from commercial carpets. Wet cleaning leaves behind dirty water so you are as well off just bonneting. As the photos from Paul Moss recently demonstrate you can even achieve good results on totally trashed carpets.

Where are these pictures?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
Thanks Jamie

So the Hydrox should do the job ok?
I have lots of different pad and scrub bonnets to try out!
Has anyone found a product which tackles the areas under desks where people's shoes are... Those black areas...?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 03:31:49 pm »
Biggest problem with these is wear. Often we would vac em to death then flush em out with an extractor and encap in tank then a good scrub and bonnet. Even then results are limited.

John Kelly

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 05:24:10 pm »

had a similar scenario yesterday, tried the rotowash with encap as a scrub for the under desk marks first, looked ok, but not as good as I wanted, so encapped over them with the rotary and a scrub pad. By them time I was packing up, they were drying out and looking damn good. The last picture was taken as the sun had moved round and shined through the huge window so the colour looks a lot lighter than it was. BUT you will still see the areas as Jamie says, they are worn, but you can make them cleaner, just wont dissapear.
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk