Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Art

Re: IICRC course, 5/6 April, Nottingham
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 06:23:11 pm »
Arthur,
Possibly as opinions differ on this one.

Paul Pearce told me two years ago that if you passed your Carpet Cleaning  IICRC  you could take an exam for the Upholstery section of NCCA ENTRY EXAM.

But it may have changed. 

Just going to wait and see.

Ian

It's a defo. i checked it out with Ken Wainright.

Arthur

robert stubbs

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 07:13:51 pm »
 I'm a member of the NCCA and it's worth joining just for the monthly journal - so much information to take in, cleaning awareness to marketing, etc.  They offer legal info and help with accounting.  They also run numerous courses.

I went on the NCCA carpet cleaning course in 1984 with lecturer Ian Day, then repeated the course 2 yrs ago with Paul Pearce so that I could become a member.  So much info has changed over the years, this is why I want to do the IICRC course for more indepth info as you can never stop learning

regards
rob

Neil Grainger

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:01 pm »
Cheers Rob

Just wanted some views from people who have been in the business a long time as I am just unsure about them.

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Neil

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 07:59:30 pm »
I'm going on it because it makes a nice trip out :) I'll meet lots of forward thinking carpet cleaners, learn a little bit more about my chosen profession, and have a bit of a drink.

I'm travelling down tomorrow teatime so if anyone is also going tomorrow and fancy a drink let me know.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Art

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 09:21:57 pm »
Good excuse to get away from the wife for a couple of days  ;D ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:52:20 am »
I am planning to arrive around 6pm, Do not Know Nottingham so cant suggest meet at with pink carnation.

Neil, I do not think I will get any more jobs by joining NCCA,  as where I live has a lot of NCCA members...already.

Running Late no idea whay yime I will arrive.

gwrightson

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 08:35:36 pm »
Many thanks to Matt of Cleansmart for the welcome and hospitality at this recent IICRC course
and thanks to Richard of Chemspec for the instuction, he showed enthusiam,and inspired confidence in those taking the exam. he explained the technical and the finer points of c.c in a way ,even the complete novices on the course could take on board, and yes , there were a number attending who had never even sucked a rug yet, I admire there visions and wish them all the best for the future.
good to meet others from around the uk, "yes even the scots ;D "
A demo of various tools and equipment from matt and richard for anybody interested after the days slog, a few pints and a good curry a good time had by all.
 good luck Matt with your venture , you should do well, good range of stock, willing and helpful, and i would reccomend any c.c to give you a try.
   Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »
Yes thanks Matt and Richard.

Now we have got to wait for the results.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Art

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 10:47:14 pm »
Totally agree it was a first class course

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 04:02:32 pm »
Matt did an excellent job organising the course, venue and refreshments, and I'm not saying that just because I was sat right next to him :)

At first I thought "just theory, I will forget it all in a day" but in the exam at the end it all came rushing back.

I still don't know one end of a wand from another, but I can set fire to a fibre and know wool from acrylic.

Nice to meet everybody.

Fingers crossed for the results for all.