This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mitchellmoxo

When cleaning gutters...
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:17 pm »
Do you clean facias and soffits too?

One of my customers moaned as they said "this is usually done at the same time" when all i quoted for is gutters to be cleaned.

Any thoughts??

Smudger

Re: When cleaning gutters...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:21:29 pm »
Yep quote is for SFG soffit fascia guttering would look a mess not to do it all

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomSE

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:26:49 pm »
I never have, if they ask for a gutter clear then i quote just for that and mention if they would also like fascia clean as this may get dirty. Giving them a seperate price for that. I've done quite a few jobs of just gutter clearing without any problems.

Tom

ben M

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »
I never have, if they ask for a gutter clear then i quote just for that and mention if they would also like fascia clean as this may get dirty. Giving them a seperate price for that. I've done quite a few jobs of just gutter clearing without any problems.

Tom
+1

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »
This is a classic case of mis-communication, you were right to clean only the gutters but it's as well itemising the job so you know exactly what needs doing for the price quoted.

You could end up doing a £70 job for £30!

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:59 pm »
When they ask me for a gutter clean I ask them if they want inside or outside or both. I then explain it all and then add on the facias and soffits an also tell them if they have it all done together then ill knock some money off simples

deeege

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:53 pm »
When they ask me for a gutter clean I ask them if they want inside or outside or both. I then explain it all and then add on the facias and soffits an also tell them if they have it all done together then ill knock some money off simples

This.

If you are there, in front of the customer, to price the gutters you should be taking the opportunity to upsell a fascia / soffitt clean too.  I do and I reckon I get 80% or so. The only time I don't bother is when the fascias / soffitts are painted and in bad condition and its pointless to clean them.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:44 am »
Unless mistaken the title says gutter clean - in the OT the statement implies that the gutter was cleaned/washed therefore I would have expected at the very least the fascia to be done at the same time

Gutter CLEAR is something different altogether

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:47 am »
Its actually advertised as gutter clearing on my website & flyers and the picture shows me using a gutter vac so nothing implies i would clean anything else but inside of gutters.

However when a customer complains i am always worried shes going to go round telling people im rubbish as they say do a good job they'll tell 1 person do a bad job and they'll tell 10

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:52 am »
If you only cleaned outside it is a rubbish job. 

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:53 am »
I was waiting for the non-useful response..

ben M

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 09:34:01 am »
If you only cleaned outside it is a rubbish job. 
why?

rg1

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 11:23:18 am »
There is a difference between gutter CLEARING & gutter CLEANING so it's important to state to the customer exactly what you have priced for.

Gutter clearing is just that and no more. On the other hand, gutter cleaning could involve cleaning fascias and soffits as well.

In both instances, it is essential to make it completely clear to your customer exactly what you have quoted for to avoid any confusion.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 11:47:29 am »
Going to make sure i do exacty this for next time all part of the learning curve! Just i had done maybe 10 gutters previous with no probs so wanted some opinions

tlwcs

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 01:03:22 pm »
On my Quotation pad is has Gutters emptied, cleaned and emptied or just cleaned.
Its the way its worded.
Tony

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »
On my Quotation pad is has Gutters emptied, cleaned and emptied or just cleaned.
Its the way its worded.
Tony

That's good

Yep to follow up rg1 - if gutter clearing then its the inside of the gutter if the customer asks for a clear then I make a point of asking did they want them washed likewise a gutter clean job I ask if they want them cleared and on the quote I put both prices.

Sometimes the customers don't listen or worse just expect clean and clear for the price of one or other
OP - you've done the right thing just in future make sure the customer is clear on works to be done but even this is no guarantee that at the end of the job some customers will still not be happy