Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Roberts

Re: Prowler-portable truckmount
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2006, 06:24:52 pm »

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2006, 06:35:04 pm »
I do not know who is who. 

All I can say is that I have started this topic with only one intention - to learn about this machine.

Kind regards,
Arthur

stevegunn

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2006, 06:36:28 pm »
Restormate (John Kelly) is the supplier

PaulKing

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2006, 07:52:12 pm »
Just to confirm Restormate (John Kelly) is the supplier

I test the machines because I am busy and quite frankly give them a lot of hammer,  and my point was you can run a successfull cleaning company with this machine. The TM i had before cost 14k and was no better.

I like it  because it's reliable, cheap, has enough power to clean domestic and commerical jobs and the once that it did have a problem a seal had over-heated due to my error (I had disconnected a safety - the UK design has been changed so you can't do this anymore). I still managed to get the days jobs done using it at reduced pressure and I changed all four seals the next day in 20 mins at a cost of £20.

Just to say I could not do the amount of work I do with a portable and a cheap van as it would take too long (been there, done that). I buy a posh van as I don't want it to be off the road/leak oil/explode/look like poo/; VW service my van over a weekend and lend me a van just in case.

125k - 1 van, 2 operators, 1 office person plus overheads plus god knows what else - if i didn't do the extortion, pimping and gun running there'd be no jam on the bread.  ;D

There is an expression "turnover is vanity, profit is sanity" on this occasion i admit to being vain. I don't think we're doing anything special and I'm sure that there are people on this forum who are turning over more than we are.

okay, that's my financial position discussed, now can we get back to talking about the Prowler, which as Arthur has said was his main reason for starting the thread. and the reason i answered was that I probably have most experience of using this machine in the country. (to the extent that I can strip, clean and reassemble one blindfold in the dark whilst under heavy fire from Johnny Foreigner :D)
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

therapist

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2006, 10:59:22 pm »
Arthur

50k per annum is not a good achievement for most c/c's.  Such a figure is fairly easy to achieve and is around the t/o we achieved when working with small ads in local papers and low cost cleaning.

rob

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2006, 11:13:01 pm »
Thank you for your post Rob,

The reason I have mentioned £50,000 is because All Tec mentioned it as something what CC should try to achieve.

Kind regards,
Arthur

therapist

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2006, 07:07:54 am »
On the Alltec courses, 50k has been used as a notional target, for under achievers and has never been updated over the past decade.

What Robert Saunders is saying to newstarts, or low income people, is, ' let me show you how anyone can earn 50 k in c/c '

While doing so, he introduces the higher earners, who earn the 200k plus, per annum and illustrates the way they do so and this is where you are correct, its mainly through good and relentless marketing.

There's a bit of physicality in there too, of course, but it's more, down to marketing and delivering quality, asking for referrals, adding on extras, etc.

I can tell you, that working PART TIME, from 9-30 till 2-30 I turned over a regular 40k plus for several years and that was at low prices.

It involved advertising in two newspapers, and averaging 5 jobs per day 5 days per week.

Hard work and not necessarily the ideal way to do it, but, it worked !

Aw ra best

rob

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2006, 06:54:11 pm »
Rob,
Thank you for your interesting reply,

A little bit of maths:

Working about 6 hours per day you had a turnover of £40,000+ per year, which could be worked out as for each working hour you were getting about £6,700 per year.  If you worked 8 hours per day the turnover would probably be £53,000+ per year.  So it still not far from £50,000.

I would also like to refer to this post, where Chris R mentions £60,000 as the top turnover for the carpet cleaner.  So it still not far from £50,000.

Paul King has just explained in his above post that his turnover of 125,000 has been earned by 2 operators and 1 office person.  If these figures were worked out as per one contributing person we would get a number close to £50,000.

I am not trying to confront you, just trying to show where I am coming from. 

May I ask you how much do you think it is possible for a one man band (who uses a portable machine) to turnover per year working 7 hours per day 5 days per week 48 weeks per year.

Kind regards,
Arthur

John Kelly

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27:13 pm »
Authur

Carpet cleaning is an industry where to obtain the top money you need to nurture a good customer base. This takes time and doesn't happen overnight. Initially you have to spend a fair deal of money on advertising. Once you have a customer you then have to make sure they use you everytime they need cleaning done. This is done by keeping regular contact with newsletters, special offers etc. If you don't do this they just forget who you are and use someone else. After a few years working at this you can then reduce your advertising cost.
Paul King has been cleaning carpets for 20 years. He has a clientel I could only dream of. However I do get a taster when he lets me hold the reigns whilst he's on holiday.
When you going to come and see me?

PaulKing

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2006, 07:36:04 pm »
"How Would You Like To Make Your Business Grow So YOU Can Make Over £2,000 Per WEEK …On Your Own?" Robert Saunders

Check out the ALLTEC site it's gone up!  We can be who evey we want to be, it's within our grasp!

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2006, 08:58:54 pm »
John, I will see you at or after CARPEX

stuart_clark

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2006, 10:25:40 pm »
Just thought I would ask the question but when cleaning with the super dooper prowler machine where does all the fluff and carpet fibres go ?

PaulKing

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2006, 10:29:19 pm »
It's Filtered, must be cleaned daily it only takes a minute or two.

I donate the fluff to the birds to insulate their nests. And keep the good stuff for a local wig maker.

Would you like to see a picture of what happens when you suck up a golfball! When it's going at full moo?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 10:42:26 pm »
How big is the prowler and how much does it weigh?

What are the running costs per hour?

How much is the 15hp model?

Can it be used for small pressure washing jobs, and do a good job?

what is the flow rate of the water pump?

do you have to buy the accessories with the machine?

Shaun

therapist

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2006, 11:53:28 pm »
Arthur

For some time I've been wondering, exactly where you are coming from, as you appear to be accumulating as much knowledge as possible through raising posts, but suggesting you're only curious, as you have no money and don't even know if you want to be a carpet cleaner, as you might become a web designer, or whatever.

You come accross to me, as pedantic in the extreme and I'm not convinced that your quest is for knowledge.........you clearly have an ability to elicit knowledge........and otherwise aquire knowledge from simple sourcing methods including the use of the Web.............

You may be totally genuine, but from your posts, I'm not entirely sure. !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to talk maths then I'll simplify matters for you........

As stated above........working from adverts in two newspapers........one weekly Free / delivered......the other daily / three insertions plus a Free weekly title from same publisher.

For about three years, we worked from around 9.00am till 2.30 pm over five days and 50 weeks, taking  ( on average ) about one hundred and seventy pounds per day, for around five jobs per day.

This is very much at the low end of the charges scale taking only ( on average ) about
thirty four pounds per job..........many on here would think this was not worth leaving home for.........but, it served a purpose at the time...........namely to get a cash flow into our depleted bank account.

Although many will say you can't raise prices after selling cheap, we found it to be relatively simple, but not done overnight.

At 61, I would'nt contemplate a seven hour shift, particularly as I suffer from recurring Sciatica and Spinal compression, however.........IMO someone who is fit and capable, should be able to earn  ''two fifty  to  three hundred pounds per day'', provided they are working in the middle to top end and good at marketing .

Some claim to be earning this, from just one job.

Personally, I have a Ninja with heat, plus the external heater, which I use close to the tool excellent results are possible with this set up and will be achievable with many other portables with similar spec.

If I were buying today, I would something like the Prowler with auto feed and auto dump and I would avoid flatted properties without lifts..........if this was beyond my budget I would look at the Eclipse.........Ninja ( top spec ) ........Prochem, Alltec, Extracta .......there is another option, which is very popular in the US and Canada, ie

O/P machines, for which I would import A product called Argosheen

Anyway, its nearly mid night and I have an early start with two jobs which will be completed by midday and earn me one hundred and fifty eight pounds

goodnight

robert m  

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2006, 12:12:02 am »
Thank you Robert for you post,

I am not English, as you should know from my web, so it is not easy for me to know everything.  I have to learn and I do a lot, not just about cleaning...

Kind regards,
Arthur

therapist

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2006, 08:29:08 am »
Arthur

I am well aware, that you are not English, neither am I and I have seen your web sight in fact I commented on your charges and other matters on previous postings.

What I do know, is, that anyone who spends too much time ...............talking and thinking will never succeed in a business of this nature, or possibly in any business.........if, you are really interested in this business, from a potential operators point of view, you would have done some, PRACTICAL research rather than THEORETICAL.

This is a hands on business and the easiest way to learn, is to purchase a secondhand machine and go to it.

Obviously, some training would be useful, but anyone who can apply common sense, has a desire to succeed and can work to a reasonable standard, will find it easy to start up in c/c.

As I said above, there are talkers and there are doers it's pretty easy to figure out which is which.

Now, I have work to do, which, as I said last night will give me over 158 pounds and tomorrow I will earn over 200.

This is still well below the charges of some, but my overhead is minimal and I'm gradually doing less and less, simply because my back is a mess.

Must go start at 9am

rob m

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2006, 08:56:55 am »
Rob,
I have to visit Carpex first, I have already booked some training and I am gathering info here.  I have got a plan and I follow it  ;)
Regards,
Arthur

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Added later:
I have never been serious about building websites
 :)

John Kelly

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2006, 02:43:13 pm »
Shaun

I think it would be better to drop me an email regarding the Prowler. I can then fill you in on the queries you have raised.

Regards

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2006, 06:05:35 pm »
can't get your email address to work so here is mine

shaun_ashmore@lineone.net