Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Re: Prowler-portable truckmount
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:25 pm »
I will give some feedback as I'm due to use one for a week or two shortly.But it has to be the red one for me cannot have a black one reminds me about the football team across the river Tyne ;)

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 05:10:28 pm »
Steve, I knew that you will join this debate after my last post  ;)

stevegunn

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 05:20:20 pm »
I have seen this machine in action very impressed with it.As for the dirty water on pavement issue that does not happen most of the waste water turns to steam.It looks very easy to work on even for a novice with limited knowledge parts are not expensive if anything does go wrong.I believe John will be at carpex so contact him and you can arrange to see it in operation down there.

BRSL

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 06:06:38 pm »
John will look forward to talking to you at Carpex  ;)

as for the water on the pavement well you could say the same about mine, we both have to use a pipe and stick it down the nearest swererage drain as for most the water turning to steam im again still to be convinced as the waste tank has stuck on my TM and blown the water out of the exhaust and it aint steam, but this also leads to the problem of flood work as it could never suck the volume of water required in a flood situation and this little machine would of been ideal for it.

And as for commenting without seeing it, I couldent give a T*** I say it as I see it, isnt this a forum and arent we supposed to resolve issues well I put the problem up in the air it's your jobs to discuss the matter and put me right

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

John Kelly

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 07:02:32 pm »
James

The small amount of water being fed back whilst your're actually cleaning does mostly turn to vapour when it hits the hot blower lobes. The situation you describe is a full suck through from the waste tank which would result in a volume of water exhausting.

Steve

Sorry mate the one your're getting is Black. Don't worry there isn't any White stripes on it.

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 07:30:04 pm »
...Sorry mate the one your're getting is Black. Don't worry there isn't any White stripes on it.

;D ;D ;D

stevegunn

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 07:57:14 pm »
James

The small amount of water being fed back whilst your're actually cleaning does mostly turn to vapour when it hits the hot blower lobes. The situation you describe is a full suck through from the waste tank which would result in a volume of water exhausting.

Steve

Sorry mate the one your're getting is Black. Don't worry there isn't any White stripes on it.

It'll be red & white when you get it back ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:31 pm »
I realise when we are dealing with Equipment we are in danger of ruffling feathers, but if we do not ask questions we are in the dark.

My question is would The Prowler satisfy the Truck Mounters Carpet Cleaning Assosiation membership rules/

When you have it in the van do the wheels lock.

How do you get it in van in first place.

I presume Hoses  wands etc are extra.

John Kelly

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 09:02:10 pm »
Ian

The unit sits in a metal frame whilst in the van. It can be ramped in and out by two people. We use £50 steel ramps from Northern Tools.

The Prowler is a truckmount only difference being its manouverability and the modified blower.
The Prolwer is featured on the TMCCA forum site with its own section.
Comes complete with hoses and quality bypass wand.

stuart_clark

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 09:19:38 pm »
John! how much cfm does the prowler produce? is it any more powerful than the scorpian portible machine?

John Kelly

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 09:48:53 pm »
220 Stuart, not sure what the scorpion produces off the top of my head.

stuart_clark

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 08:20:22 am »
What does the new 15hp prowler cost then John?

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 12:06:08 pm »
Len

You did say correct me if i am wrong.

Topic:     Prowler portable machine
Date:     May 19th 2005
Time:     9.33 pm

Quote.    Looks an awesome machine, should have the tm,ers quaking in their boots.

As i said not really. Obviously the suppliers are quite right, that we should see one in action before giving an opinion. The opinion that i gave was a first impression opinion and some of the criticisms that i raised have been answered satisfactary.

I think looking at this forum, there seems to be a lot of people who are prepared to buy from the states, and this seems to be an upward  with big savings to be had.

Dave

Len Gribble

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 03:17:26 am »
Dave

Thanks for putting me right totally of the cuff remark but not always! You must have done a lot of soul searching to find this or agenda your date (Technically a newbie) my posted date the mind boggles, but you are total correct impressions, I brought the top of the range I-pod for the wife at Christmas she could not get on with it, last week brought a hp mp3 player over the moon with it!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stevegunn

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 06:04:25 pm »
Finally got round to using the prowler today.Excellent machine does everything it says in the advert .I was surprised at the way the blower gets rid of the waste water no need for a waste tank so where space is an issue this is ideal.If anyone thinking of upgrading from portable to t/m should seriously consider one of these.At the very least get a demo I believe John will be at carpex if anyone interested.The pics are the 15hp version I used the 12hp one.

stuart_clark

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 06:29:20 pm »
What type of van is it mounted in steve? and do you have fresh water tanks or are you using a fresh water supply hose? Regards Stu Clark

stevegunn

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 06:42:00 pm »
The one pictured is not my van that one is mounted in a VW Transporter the one I'm using is in the back of my transit.It runs off a tank and they cost £120 for a 500 litre baffled tank

Chris R

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 07:37:53 pm »
What size van is it in the picture Steve?
Thats the only problem with it being on wheels, because you cant have a sub mount water tank it actually takes up more space in the van than a standard T/M?
Although, dont get me wrong, I will still have a look at one. Having no waste tank saves some room.

Look at the space that Lens Blazer takes up,
Staffordshire

stevegunn

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 07:47:36 pm »
VW Transporter-Great thing about wheels is you could put it on top of water tank as well

stevegunn

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 08:35:41 pm »
Been using prowler for a couple of days now.Its a very good machine.Hardly any waste water the blower does actually turn the waste water to steam.Drying times are good ,spares for the machine are reasonably priced too.Anyone going to carpex seriously needs to have a look at this machine if your in the market for a new one or upgrading from a portable.Sorry Paul your not getting it back :P