This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

Re: Speeding up with wfp
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:00 pm »
Unless there's debris on the glass you won't need to rinse if you have a higher flow rate. You also shouldn't need to clean every frame every time.
Zig zag the brush once down the glass should be enough for most windows.

But if you didn't use wfp all the time and are now doing so, your speed will increase naturally anyway.

dave0123

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 09:53:37 pm »
what do you call a high flow? roughly how many liters do you use per min
Dave.

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:46 pm »

Any tips on speeding up with it? how many times do you go over the glass? scrubbing there's not really many video's out there showing you how to speed up on the water fed pole side of things.
The truth is once your first clean is out the way and the frames have had a thorough scrubbing out then any ongoing cleans only need a minimal wipe. If you're a concientious type cleaner then you'll almost naturally want to stay scrubbing longer to do a good job. The fact is, a quick wipe over will do you. Unless there is an obvious problem on a window i.e bird fouling, gutter splash, egg etc a window will only need a quick pass over and quick rinse.
 Try a nfew speed tests on your own house or familys house to test just how quick you can go.I'd guess more than half of wfpolers spend to long on a house.(from what i've seen).
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

mark dew

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »
what do you call a high flow? roughly how many liters do you use per min

as in having a pee after a few pints compared to normal.  :)

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »
I have heard all this crap of saving water on here. Scrubbing and all the time its flow rate that makes the difference.3+

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 01:56:11 am »
Dave come out with us for a day
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 05:57:54 am »
Frames do not need cleaning every clean, unless of course you have said to you customer that you will clean every time.

I clean frames every time otherwise you could be be setting yourself up to fail .

Their is certain houses in certain locations were it is possible to get away with it , But with the winter we had with strong winds bringing across salt plus with the winds we have had it picks up a lot of dirt and it settles on frames .

So over past few months i have been a little more through ie main roads , houses near new builds (they have been a nightmare) so a quick wipe over is not always the best idea .

The key is flow rate i have 1mm pencil jets and run my pump at 25 and can still get through a full days work worked 11 hrs the other day doing houses and 2 big commercial's and still had water in my 400 ltr tank .

Some windys are afraid of a higher flow rate incase they run out of water because of not having a big enough tank . Mike

Lee GLS

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 07:39:40 am »
Frames do not need cleaning every clean, unless of course you have said to you customer that you will clean every time.

I clean frames every time otherwise you could be be setting yourself up to fail .

I've never had a problem! There are window cleaners that ONLY ckean the glass, I'm sure jeff brimble only cleans the glass, and he only uses about a thimble of water per window.

We are brainwashed into thinking we need to ckean the gram every time, because that is what everybody says on here, but if you know what you are doing it easy to clean just the glass without the water touching the frames.

It's an overkill and wastes time. Since my first cleans, I have never had a complaint in 3 years of WFP, so I must be doing something right.

Positivity

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 07:43:26 am »
Any thoughts on this?
I have started washing the top horizontal frame and rinsing it BEFORE I start washing the rest of the frames and glass. In the hope that it will have more time to run off and less chance of nasty runs coming down after.
Seems O.K. so far.

rg1

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 08:28:59 am »
I've always been under the impression that ALL frames, cills & glass are cleaned with wfp. (As described on many websites)

Therefore, if I was a customer, I would expect that to be the case with every clean.

Not as and when the window cleaner feels like doing them.  ???

I think some of you move the goal posts just to suit yourselves.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Lee GLS

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:20 am »
I've always been under the impression that ALL frames, cills & glass are cleaned with wfp.

Therefore, if I was a customer, I would expect that to be the case with every clean.

Not as and when the window cleaner feels like doing them.  ???

I clean the cills every time, and the frames get a thorough clean on the first clean, but i do not clean the frames every time afterwards.

rg1

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 08:33:45 am »
I've always been under the impression that ALL frames, cills & glass are cleaned with wfp.

I clean the cills every time, and the frames get a thorough clean on the first clean, but i do not clean the frames every time afterwards.

So I've got to ask Lee. Why the cills everytime and not frames?

rg1

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 08:42:32 am »
M & M Window Cleaning..where did you buy 1mm pencil jets from?

Lee GLS

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:38 am »

So I've got to ask Lee. Why the cills everytime and not frames?

The cills get dirty because of the way the are facing, the frames do not get dirty, lets face it, most of the glass on 4 weekly cleans is not dirty, we are just cleaning clean glass  :D

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 09:05:48 am »
high flow

squirt water on birds mess  as soon as you arrive at a property

use a van mount with 100m hose and aqua-daptor

use WFP on both top and bottom windows unless space is restricted.

slow down a bit though if customer is in and the job is very well priced!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

gary999

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013, 09:46:42 am »
on most maintenance cleans unless godzilla has crapped
on the window or on a busy main road a quick scrub and
rinse is enough.no need to dramatically increase your flow

most important thing is to have confidence in what you
are doing.i see a lot of guys by me either spending too much
time cleaning the window or having tsunami waves of water
flowing off the windows

its just a waste of the resource you have that makes
you money.

if you have been cleaning the houses for a long time
simply reducing the time on each window should be enough

Spruce

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 10:48:08 am »

If my memory serves me, he adapts these:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-pack-of-5-1-0mm-welding-tips

Gardiners sell 1.4mm jets which are half the size of the 2mm jets flow rate wise.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2013, 10:51:01 am »

Google Clarkes 1mm welding tips they sell loads on ebay they fit nicely into gardiners brushes without the,need to drill anymore holes just quick replacment been using them for over a year now . Mike

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:45 am »
I was one of these cleaners who couldn't get my head around what Peter Fogwill was saying with regard to increasing water flow reduces cleaning time.

He is right, but I have also found in my case that if I turn my controller up too high, I do use more water and don't achieve much more. The ideal for me would be a slower flow on the wash and scrub and a faster flow on the rinse.

I also put this down to my age and health, as I can't physically keep up with the speed needed to work on a full flow. So for me, what works in theory doesn't always work in practice as other things come into play, especially after I have been working for a couple of hours.

In the early days I started off with Peters tailer system. We had a Vikan brush with Unger Teleplus poles and 3mm jets. 1/2" garden hose was the supply medium. I carried and extra 100 litres in barrels in the van and would get through all my water by early afternoon (475 litres). As I was processing water directly into the trailer overnight, I couldn't go back for a refill. I could never get Peter's by pass valve to work for me TBH.

When Williamson's brought out the Varistream flow controller, turning down the flow rate reduced our water usage and I accomplished more
with less water, so you can see how Peter's advise didn't make sense to me.

My son loves our backpack as he finds hose management very frustrating and time consuming. But the time he saves pulling his hose out to start cleaning is lost with his slow rinsing time. I find the flow rate painful when using it occassionally.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 11:14:39 am »
The ideal for me would be a slower flow on the wash and scrub and a faster flow on the rinse.

Tap?