This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Round size and weather
« on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:24 am »
Been giving this some thought - bearing in mind my area had 4 foot of snow for half of March  :(

but my work seems to be getting more and more hindered by rubbish weather - yesterday had to pack in at 3.30 as hailstones and wind , heading out in a few minutes but wind gusts of 40 mph and bob plumb who works up road from me has just texted me to say he had to chase his pole down the road after it blew away  :o  ;D so not sure what im going to get done.

so the 2 houses I didnt manage yesterday gets put on todays work load and so on but this constant bad weather is starting to effect business  >:(

every month for last 12 months it seems to have been really crap conditions .... i work in the rain to a certain degree and customers seem fine with it but wind and rain no point as will mess up windows ... ive worked in heavy winds but got be a limit where it becomes silly and dangerous.

my point to this is im happily at stage where round is full with 340 ish customers worked over a planned 20 days a month but now cant see any point in taking on more customers as wont get thru them so no point in having a massive round with loads of customers when you can only do 75% of it so changing my mindset and approach as from June

I had been thinking of a price increase but now i see way foward as having a lot less customers but at a higher price which is where we all want to be i know but was slightly concerned about losing some but not anymore as cant get thru them anyways.

moan over and of out to battle with wind  8)

johnny bravo

Re: Round size and weather
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:34 am »
if you are like me I work on my own,   go when you want, where you want,   if you have enough work without needing any help      its easily managed.      when you get extra work   you will get behind.   the weather has been crap for the last 3 years.      you may have to tell your customers you may be cleaning on a sunday morning till say 1pm        this may get extra work done for you.       ive not cleaned windows on a sunday      but this is when I do my extra add on jobs,   gutter cleaning,  pressure washing.
if you employ someone you have the hassle of getting them out for some work.       advertise on gumtree for a casual as and when needed window cleaner.       they need the money.      give them a days trial,     if any good    you may use them more often.       stress to them they are working for them selves,    and not for you covering your insurance,    make them sign a contract just for you to cover you.      its upto them to claim any work then.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »
I have over 300 custys and manage to get through without much delay I work 10 hrs a day if needed to ensure I get as much done as possible on the good days . Mike

steven ainger

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »
Im actually working tomorrow, yes Saturday ( this is a very rare occurance )
Still about 3 weeks behind though  ???

gary999

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 04:26:22 pm »
I have over 300 custys and manage to get through without much delay I work 10 hrs a day if needed to ensure I get as much done as possible on the good days . Mike

10 hours a day :o..you mean a week dont you ;D

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:26:38 pm »

what frequency u on normally?

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:28:35 pm »
wind dropped by time i got out (had to wait for Sky man) so wasnt too bad a day.

prob just feeling sorry for myself as crap weather doing me head in ffs it is May after all

but still cant see a way to expand any further - dont want to employ so guess I will have to franchise it instead  :o

10 hour day and sunday morning working fair play to you guys ! ...

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »

10 hours a day :o..you mean a week dont you ;D

I wished  ;D ;D . Mike

Ben wood

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »
Ian i thought you already had a worker. I just keep working in the rain and wind, no complaints at all, just get onj with it mate.

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »
Ian i thought you already had a worker. I just keep working in the rain and wind, no complaints at all, just get onj with it mate.

did have ... not anymore

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »
... and also, why not up prices and do 8 weekly. Custys get a price cut (in effect) and you get a better hourly rate. Then you take on more customers and increase monthly turnover and profitability. Win, win!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:14 pm »
i have 340+ customers. most are monthly and i can get them cleaned in 3 weeks a month usually.in fact cos its a 5 week month im having 8 days off this month with all work up to date. ;D ;D

i work on average 6 hours "on the glass" a day.i do work some saturdays as well though in them 3 weeks but not all.

i could easily take on another 2 or 3 days work a month but id rather have the time off at the moment! ;D ;D

ive not got behind with my work in 5 months and only lost 2 days to really bad weather.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »
... and also, why not up prices and do 8 weekly. Custys get a price cut (in effect) and you get a better hourly rate. Then you take on more customers and increase monthly turnover and profitability. Win, win!

yup when price rise letter goes out will be giving option of 8 weekly to them for a slightly higer rate

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:15 pm »
i have 340+ customers. most are monthly and i can get them cleaned in 3 weeks a month usually.in fact cos its a 5 week month im having 8 days off this month with all work up to date. ;D ;D

i work on average 6 hours "on the glass" a day.i do work some saturdays as well though in them 3 weeks but not all.

i could easily take on another 2 or 3 days work a month but id rather have the time off at the moment! ;D ;D

ive not got behind with my work in 5 months and only lost 2 days to really bad weather.

regards

dazmond

yup but dont u have loads and loads all on one estate ?

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 05:34:16 pm »
yep ian.i have loads of very compact work right next door to each other.170 on 2 estates just over the road from each other.i have lots of large houses and stand alones as well but most are within a 6 mile area.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »

I do this too  ;D i even did 2 knew jobs today while it was hialstoning and windy and get this...   this new housing estate i was working on is still a (semi) building site! LOL  ;D

No compliants wither yet. Although becuase it was dusty and windy and raining after i checked the end results i had to trad a couplt of glass panes. On the ground floor only though

steven ainger

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »

what frequency u on normally?

Most are 6-8 weekly & some 12 weekly