This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how many work in rain

rain
67.5%
56 (67.5%)
or no rain
32.5%
27 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: May 14, 2013, 11:58:09 pm

JamesAJF

Re: who works in the rain
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 02:13:49 am »
its quit interesting to see the voting its helped me make my mind up  i am not gonna stop working in the rain i just need to come up with some sort of good excuse to my customers i hate going to a job and being told they don't want them done because of the rain.
bish bash bosh

robertphil

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 08:21:56 am »
iv used to get shirty in cases like this but it gets you nowhere . now if its raining i know which customers are ok with rain and i just miss out the funny beggar types

often the funny beggars are perfectly sound 50% of the time and can be loyal too so not worth casting them adrift over the rain issue

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 08:32:54 am »
james you ll find very few customers will be funny with you unless its really coming down hard.

its easy to think "oh all my customers dont like me turning up when its raining" when in reality its only one or two customers who object.

the ones that do simply explain if their not happy with the clean that you ll come back tomorrow and re clean for free.IVE NEVER HAD A CALL BACK!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

failing that just say you will have to miss them out until next due date or you ll get behind with work.

make out your mad busy with lots of work(even if your not!).

that way you ll still get a big chunk of your work cleaned.

its better than sitting at home not earning right?? ;) :) :) :) :)
price higher/work harder!

home6442

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:51 am »
wow thanks for reply's i just wanted to no because i had a customer say to me the other day that they think its very unprofessional for a window cleaner to work in the rain and i didn't really no what to say as i do work in the rain but i don't no how we are meant to make a living if ppl say no because its raining what do u say?. is rain water quit pure then.?

Just tell them the only way you can make a living without cleaning in the rain is by charging 3 times the price.
Also mention that you guarantee your work and if they are not happy with the clean
you will gladly clean them again.
Don't waste time going into the argument of does rain dirty windows or not they wont believe you anyway.
But there are certain weather conditions when you shouldn't be cleaning windows and good window
cleaner will know when not to clean. Price to allow for down days due to bad weather.

DavidWright76

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »
Not me. Not only is it pointless, it is dangerous as i'm a ladder monkey. (Slippery/mud walked up steps etc.)

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »
well you keep trying to scratch a living together mate while the rest of us crack on and earn a good living!! :D :D :D :D
price higher/work harder!

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 04:33:03 pm »
Daz-surely the most critical post of your CIU career!
Funny though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »
Yep I work whatever the weather, I didn't get into this game to sit around doing nothing, I'm in it to earn cash, if the customer doesn't like it they can lump it, i'm far too busy to worry about the odd fussy moron complaining about rain.

JamesAJF

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 11:05:46 pm »
james you ll find very few customers will be funny with you unless its really coming down hard.

its easy to think "oh all my customers dont like me turning up when its raining" when in reality its only one or two customers who object.

the ones that do simply explain if their not happy with the clean that you ll come back tomorrow and re clean for free.IVE NEVER HAD A CALL BACK!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

failing that just say you will have to miss them out until next due date or you ll get behind with work.

make out your mad busy with lots of work(even if your not!).

that way you ll still get a big chunk of your work cleaned.

its better than sitting at home not earning right?? ;) :) :) :) :)
thanks dazmond  for the info, i don't ever have a day off in the rain unless it really hard. much rather be out there working then sitting at home doing nothing or doing house work lol i will put ford what u have said and see what happens thanks for all your info. ;D
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »
wow thanks for reply's i just wanted to no because i had a customer say to me the other day that they think its very unprofessional for a window cleaner to work in the rain and i didn't really no what to say as i do work in the rain but i don't no how we are meant to make a living if ppl say no because its raining what do u say?. is rain water quit pure then.?

Just tell them the only way you can make a living without cleaning in the rain is by charging 3 times the price.
Also mention that you guarantee your work and if they are not happy with the clean
you will gladly clean them again.
Don't waste time going into the argument of does rain dirty windows or not they wont believe you anyway.
But there are certain weather conditions when you shouldn't be cleaning windows and good window
cleaner will know when not to clean. Price to allow for down days due to bad weather.
that's a very good point to john
bish bash bosh

DavidWright76

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 07:08:51 pm »
well you keep trying to scratch a living together mate while the rest of us crack on and earn a good living!! :D :D :D :D
...I don't just clean windows! ;) 8)

ALF.LEVER

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 07:38:45 pm »
If u don't clean windows in rain when will u clean them ,it pes down all time uk weather is poope, anyone who carrys on moaning about rain is a crap customer get rid , if you don't work in rain be a j Kyle watcher with all the rest of toss pots sat on there arse just crack on with it.

Mr.G

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »
I only work in light rain, drizzle.
If it's really tipping down, or raining AND windy, I call it a day.

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »
Jim as I know your work system as well as you, I think if you started, work before midday you may just get your massive work load finished before it starts raining mate ;-)
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

JamesAJF

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »
Jim as I know your work system as well as you, I think if you started, work before midday you may just get your massive work load finished before it starts raining mate ;-)
haha very funny i do get up early i used to lay in a bit but now im very motavated
bish bash bosh

steven ainger

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 10:35:28 pm »
Looks like you can try out your new working in the rain policy on Tuesday James, as its gonna pi55 down.
Bet i see your van parked up along the Walls at Adams mobile office ;D

JamesAJF

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 10:54:01 pm »
hahaha love it got to have a lunch break  though cant work on empty.  ;D
bish bash bosh