This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Vauxhall Vivaro
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:31 am »
its done 174000 miles really dont know what to do

Leave it where it is if I were you. It will let you down for sure

Yet more drivel fr deangi
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

PoleKing

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:22 pm »
Gav-I got same van as you but have to agree with Deangi.
174k-wouldn't touch it no matter what can it was.
Tbh I'd think twice at 74 let alone 174...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »
Gav-I got same van as you but have to agree with Deangi.
174k-wouldn't touch it no matter what can it was.
Tbh I'd think twice at 74 let alone 174...
+1

Deangsi

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »
its done 174000 miles really dont know what to do

Leave it where it is if I were you. It will let you down for sure

Yet more drivel fr deangi

bet my 180k x reg scudo last longer than your vivaro  ;D 2 years still not missed a beat for the small amoant of £1000 it cost me

Deangsi

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »
i also dont know any mechanic with a good thing to say about them nearly bought one last year and thought no due to the trouble i hear they come with. i dont understand why they are the window cleaners choice tbh i see so many window cleaners with them these days and you would be much better of with a transit any day  ;D

EandM

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »
It's the Renault connection that seems to offend.

neiljoust

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »
So really i should stop away from them might look at ford transit

EandM

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2013, 11:44:16 pm »
So really i should stop away from them might look at ford transit

I'm a huge Ford fan for about 25 years but of the new Transits I know locally two have suffered with ecu failure - one of them three times in 50,000 miles - and rust still seems to be an issue. I drove a couple of Renault Traffics when they came out in the 80's and they were really nice, it's just fixing them seems to be expensive and frequent. My ex brother-in-law used to work for a Renault dealership and the cost and frequency of fixing Laguna's as opposed to 405 / 406 and Xantia's was about three times as much. PSA stuff seems to have common applications whereas Renualt seems to be more model oriented and sold in much fewer numbers relatively, meaning second hand stuff isn't so easy to come by. With Renault / Nissan / and Vauxhall selling re-branded Traffic's it doesn't bode well.

neiljoust

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 06:55:22 am »
People say vivaro are no good do they just break down or is it like every 60000 miles they go wrong

jarvy

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:43 am »
People say vivaro are no good do they just break down or is it like every 60000 miles they go wrong
65'000 in mine,has not missed a beat,and the only thing i have spent on it was tyres and brake pads,but a mechanic friend of mine tells me these can wear out on any van!!!!
I think its the same for any make of vehicles though,sometimes you just get a pup and it gives nothing but grief,sometimes you get a cracking workhorse.
Also comes down to how well you look after them too,ie servicing or lack of it.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

toronto

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 10:37:19 am »
Gearboxes turbos and injectors common on all vivaros traffic and primastars however not overly expensive to fix now. A reconditioned gearbox can be supplied and fitted for around £500
When test driving go through all the gears without using the clutch if the gearbox is okit will do this easily without crunching.
Turbos don't give much warning but can lead to complete engine failure on all Renault based dci engines it seems if the turbo fails the engine will continue to run on its own oil until it runs out of oil and kills it.

I have a 58 reg 2.5 2900 vivaro and I love it . It has a engine management chip on set to high torque and produces around 170 bhp and lots of torks
Full or empty the van really does not notice it cruises past other vans and drives like a car as long as you remember it will not stop like a car.
 I wouldn't have a transit given with few exceptions they rot like they get parked in the sea every night and are not immune to the odd injector or turbo problem and also fuel pumps are quite common.
All vans and cars have their problems but in our business I think it's important that a van doesn't look rusty and unpresentable .

clarkson

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:00 am »
Hi
I have a 53 viv 100k on it , been great drove for ten years nothing but tyres service and a ball joint.

Last year gearbox went 1600 quid with new clutch as well. But after 10 years hard work with a ton on board half the time I can't complain.

And as for looking ugly I think they are a lot cooler looking than the transit.

By the way sat in new transit the other day, it's tiny and I think they broke into the vw plant and nicked the transporter plans.

Cheers

John

jarvy

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:06 am »
The sportive has 115 bhp,what chip are you using to get it to 170?
Have you had it rolling roaded,seems like a hell of a jump in horses from a chip.

jarvy

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 10:44:38 am »
sorry,just reread,yours is the 2.5

neiljoust

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »
Confused lol vivaro or something else your votes please

toronto

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 11:19:45 pm »
sorry,just reread,yours is the 2.5

before the chip I had a chipped 1.9 give my 2.5 a good run for its money on a long incline I was loaded and don't know if it had any load in but I was still quite impressed with the way the 1.9 went.
By the way the chip is adjustable up or down quite a lot but I have mine set about middle of the road and it has given a slight increase in fuel economy during normal driving. So really it's £80 well spent ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:27 am »
Toronto-a chip for £80?
Had my car remapped-set me back £250!
How many miles has yours done, how many did it have when you bought it?

neiljoust

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 07:28:57 am »
Sorry what i was saying he's had everything done and my budget is only 1600 so limited really so do you think it be ok

toronto

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »
Toronto-a chip for £80?
Had my car remapped-set me back £250!
How many miles has yours done, how many did it have when you bought it?

Vans done 125000 done about 5000 miles in it. chips are distributed by a company in bishop Auckland called blue spark and can be fitted to almost all common rail diesels they map the chip to the car/van good value for money and reliable.
I bought one after seeing the results my dad had with them. He has run his 4x4 and his wife's BMW both fitted with them since 2008 no problems at all. He takes them off at service time just in case the dealer cottons on and voids his warranty but its a 2 min job to unplug or plug back in but when it's off the cars feel totally different and sluggish.
There is a variable dial to set the map to how you want it and also 2 separate maps but map 2 should only be used on low mileage vehicles as it increases the fuel pressure so is risky but map one is safe as houses

PoleKing

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »
Cheers