This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Re: What are the rules??
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 11:25:14 am »
you would have to check the finish of both houses at the end to make sure both are passable whoever does the worst job gets time added on for any runs streaks bits missed ect. like a time penalty  ;)

Good one...

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:04 am »
First clean levels the race.

True... depends on if I can find to first cleans side by side for the film??

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:48 am »
It would have to be like for like really. To make it interesting, make it as much ladder work as possible.

Don't think there will be much in it.
I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off

2.5x turnover on basic residential work says otherwise, and then some. Not even talking about commercial. Maybe not initially, but definitely the potential. Never mind all the work that you can't do trad.

See, its started already.
 You cannot pole a house 2.5x faster than I could trad it.

lol love it

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2013, 11:31:25 am »
Trad or WFP we clean the frames and a test between the 2 should be a service of equal standards

maybe 1 house is not a fair indicator either - could you not find a road where you clean 2 semi's
a detached  property and a bungalow with say at least 200 yards between them  this would give
a better result - not just a race around a single house

houses can be cleaned beforehand and the frames preped with a squirt of dirty water so all things are equal

Darran

For this test Im going to do it simple. Two identical houses side by side. Start in the van, stops when back in the van.....

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 08:25:18 pm »
I suggest both wc'ers working in oversized fancy dress with Stuart Hall commentating on it.

It would have to be prison windows then...

That juliet bslcony technique will come in handy!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

robertphil

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 08:42:14 pm »
gotta be inside and out for it to be a proper duel.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 08:46:30 pm »
I think both need to start from their respective vehicles and the tradder needs to start with ladder clamps on.

^ most jobs are externals only so why compare ins and outs?

robertphil

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 10:44:24 pm »
I think both need to start from their respective vehicles and the tradder needs to start with ladder clamps on.

as a trad man i do a fair bit of inside work.   by all accounts WFP lads steer clear of insides but thats just because they havent needed to sharpened up their act imo .   i think a good dual would be two   3 storey town houses that hadnt been done in a longtime in and out . 

Fin Clearview

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »

as a trad man i do a fair bit of inside work.   by all accounts WFP lads steer clear of insides but thats just because they havent needed to sharpened up their act imo .   i think a good dual would be two   3 storey town houses that hadnt been done in a longtime in and out .  

Tbh ins and outs isnt a regular service for most domestic clients. I was trad for 15 years and I can honestly say at a guess insides may of amounted to less than 5% of the work carried out over the years. An equal duel would be starting from vehicles,  external glass & frames, finish with doors shut on vehicles (inc ladders clamped) perfection or time penalties.  

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 08:08:44 am »

as a trad man i do a fair bit of inside work.   by all accounts WFP lads steer clear of insides but thats just because they havent needed to sharpened up their act imo .   i think a good dual would be two   3 storey town houses that hadnt been done in a longtime in and out . 

I would agree with the other post. Most window cleaners do out side only as a primary part of the job so it will have to be out only. We need to be careful about overcomplicating with too many variables as posted by somebody previously which I agree with :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 08:45:42 am »
Don't forget the windows above the conservatory and the porch at the front.

G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 08:51:12 am »
Throw in some obstacles- the back/side gate being locked. A load of wheely bins in the way. A bbq full of rain water that needs to be moved and soaks your leg. A small, yapping dog running round your feet and the customer insisting 'he only wants to say hello'. Or the customer asking 'do you want to have a look at my new fitted kitchen?' or telling you about her son's promotion at work or the hip replacement she recently had.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robertphil

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 08:55:58 am »
 agree with Griff , a more intresting  test would be if both were wearing handcuffs  or using feet only

jimiwindows

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:12 am »
wfp boys insides with mr muscle will take all day thats why they dont want to do insides

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 11:22:04 am »
wfp boys insides with mr muscle will take all day thats why they dont want to do insides

Maybe you're forgetting all the window cleaners who for 20 years did trad cleaning then made the change to WFP.

We don't just forget how to do it. I do both in my video listed below.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:20 am »

Fancy a race yourself then mate? 

jimiwindows

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:54 am »
YES

Fin Clearview

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 12:07:37 pm »

Fancy a race yourself then mate? 

Lets get it on then and put your myth to bed  ;) next wc show?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 12:38:14 pm »
Use Terry Turbot to do the ladder work.

That way we can kill two birds with one stone. See which method is quickest and see if Terry really can clean a window without missing any and with detailing.  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 01:20:53 pm »
Terry doesn't like ladders.