This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimiwindows

Re: What are the rules??
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »
I am mostly trad in londons westend cleaning restaurants i have job that took 45mins on 30ft ladder and im very good on a ladder iv been doing it for 35 years.now i do it wfp and it takes me 15mins and i dont have to have anyone foot the ladder so i dont think going up and down a ladder can be quicker.but if your looking for someone to have a go im your man.

wfp master

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »
we have our first victim {i mean volunteer} jimi

Ben wood

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »
I think if the test is to clean the windows of the same type then do just that frames and sills is part of the windowso it should be done doing just that. Only cowboys dont so the frames end of.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 06:09:12 pm »
Trad or WFP we clean the frames and a test between the 2 should be a service of equal standards

maybe 1 house is not a fair indicator either - could you not find a road where you clean 2 semi's
a detached  property and a bungalow with say at least 200 yards between them  this would give
a better result - not just a race around a single house

houses can be cleaned beforehand and the frames preped with a squirt of dirty water so all things are equal

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DG Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 06:11:16 pm »
I think if the test is to clean the windows of the same type then do just that frames and sills is part of the windowso it should be done doing just that. Only cowboys dont so the frames end of.

I bet the vast majority of wfp guys were cowboys when they were trad then?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 06:14:36 pm »
Just knew this thread would disintegrate into trad v wfp.
Wfp is just a tool used by a lot of tools ;D

Fin Clearview

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 07:12:20 pm »
Is the OP a convert? If you are surely your turnover (for standard maintenance cleans) would save you making a video ?

jimiwindows

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »
If it was inside and outside ill trad and win.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:02 am »
trad and wfp are both tools of the trade,  there will be times and places where each comes into its own, as professional window cleaners I think it's important to have both skillsets as well as all the equipment, as somebody said earlier- as pro window cleaners the frames should be done every time and not as a 2 tier pricing system, price well and do the frames anyway, the race is pointless as wfp will always win, the wfp versus trad thing will rage on but I for one would not dream of marketing myself as a professional window cleaning company without being fully equipped with wfp, trad gear and proper training, again think race is pointless

Graham

Neil Gornall

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:40 am »
To make it an equal race it would have to be a boat that gets cleaned.

That way both sides will be cleaning round windows  ;D

jimiwindows

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 10:51:43 am »
Some window cleaners in westend of london just have a bucket with tools and a pole.thay walk form job to job or jump on the bus and can get £200 to £300 a day if you have the work. I done it for 3 years doing restaurants shops offices the lot you dont even need a van.my mate has £75000 a year of work and dont even drive.i have wfp but only use it now and then 250 litres last me 2 to 3 weeks.If you can not trad down here you would not work.I have read on here that some windows cleaners use mr muscle on the inside what a joke that is not how it is done my mum can do that.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 07:29:39 pm »
Some window cleaners in westend of london just have a bucket with tools and a pole.thay walk form job to job or jump on the bus and can get £200 to £300 a day if you have the work. I done it for 3 years doing restaurants shops offices the lot you dont even need a van.my mate has £75000 a year of work and dont even drive.i have wfp but only use it now and then 250 litres last me 2 to 3 weeks.If you can not trad down here you would not work.I have read on here that some windows cleaners use mr muscle on the inside what a joke that is not how it is done my mum can do that.

They aren't touching the top frames then? Sounds like a shower to me.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
It would have to be like for like really. To make it interesting, make it as much ladder work as possible.

Don't think there will be much in it.
I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off

2.5x turnover on basic residential work says otherwise, and then some. Not even talking about commercial. Maybe not initially, but definitely the potential. Never mind all the work that you can't do trad.

See, its started already.
 You cannot pole a house 2.5x faster than I could trad it.

Sure can, why not? The bigger the property the better.  :)

What most people need to keep in mind is that a lot of people that post on here can still improve their speed tremendously. Its not just technique, its everything. It has got nothing to do with inferiority complex, just have an open mind to the possibilities.

I've done both for years, so I think I can comment fairly on both. And still my biggest residential jobs require me to do both.

Back on topic.

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 11:10:38 am »
I suggest both wc'ers working in oversized fancy dress with Stuart Hall commentating on it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 11:13:37 am »
To make it fair let the trad cleaner start 5 min early  ;D ;D

Paul

lol

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 11:15:52 am »
Should be average 3 bed semi.
Trad guy doesn't do frames because its not normally what he does.
WFP guy does frames for the same reason.
Don't think there will be much in it.
I suppose all the wfp lot with an inferiority complex will be along soon to slag trad off  ::)roll

This is exactly what I thought. Average 3 bed semi.... good idea re no frames on trad guy as it is not that normal for trad guy to do the frames every time :) thanks

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:20 am »
It would have to be like for like or it is not a fair comparrison.

Front of two identical houses side by side.
The trad guy should wipe the frames (which some of us did do when we were trad.)

Film them both turning up and compare the time and finish.

We might have to vote on this one then as we have one saying take out the frames and you saying keep them in....

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 11:20:08 am »
Will the wfp house have phillic or phobic glass ??
It will make a big difference in cleaning time.
Will it be a first clean or regular clean ??

This is good! I need to check that the properties I use are hydrophobic then and determine if they are first cleans or not... thank you

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:35 am »
Wiping the frames isn't the norm for trad yes some do but the vast majority don't.
It shouldn't be about who wins and loses but more about the time difference during a normal days work.
Start putting variables in it and we won't learn anything

Awesome post... thank you

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:50 am »
Oh yeah; encouraging someone to "race" up and down ladders is a great idea, Lee!  ::)roll

Thats not the intention.... its is not a race as such. Both wfp and trad would have to clean realistically as they would in the field :)