This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

valroyb

is there enough work
« on: February 20, 2006, 07:36:04 pm »
hi all spoke to a window cleaner today had a chat about the amount of work and the amount of cleaners in the are ,he did get me thinking some negartive thoughts for a while as he said that he nearly packed it in last year as he lost a lot of contracts and was finding it hard it was only that he won a couple of nice contacts that kept him going .He only does commercial so i was wondering whetherthat its best to do domestic work only not so competertive ?i get the impression that a lot of cleaners all trying to put me off or theres alot of cleaners all trying to make a living .Itold my mrs this and she told not to think like this as ive been so positive up to now and that i did it once and i should be able to build up again ,sorry to moan just a bit dis heartnd 8)

batterbee

Re: is there enough work
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:02:33 pm »
Valroyb, sounds like your quite new  to window cleaning, just do a good job be regular and everything will be OK, yeah your bound to have your ups and downs but i can assure you you'll have more ups than downs.

personally I'd stick with your domestic until you have the confidence to go for commercial work, it can be very rewarding but a kick in the teeth if you lose it, so you need the backup of your regular customers, there the ones that are always there.

When you think your ready for commercial start at the shallow end meaning shop fronts, etc there easy, quick and give you the feeling for bigger work, it wont feel such a big step up either.

Just stick to it mate there's plenty of work out there for all of us, just give a good service and you'll have nothing to worry about, keep asking questions you've come top the right place, i now the transition from trad to wfp would have been a lot harder had i not had the help from this forum.

Regards

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:43:17 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15281.0

Just thought this thread may give you some extra info on starting up Valroyb.

Sarah
Sarah

valroyb

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:46:18 pm »
manythanks all   for your advice 8)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 11:52:51 am »
Can't agree with Batterbee more, stick at it and don't worry. Reliability, Standards and a smiling face will keep your customers happy and loyal. I have been in this inductry 15 years and now have a crew of 6 window cleaners operating both domestic and commercial. Its a great industry, very satisfying and very profitable if you stick at it. If you can't handle the cold winters, not that we have had one for a few years, then don't bother. Customers will start to put you on their calanders and if you're not there don't be surpised if when you do eventually turn up they have found someone else. Good luck and stick at it.

Best wishes,

Trevor
www.firstcleanservices.co.uk
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

holland1945

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:05:48 am »
Hi ValroyB

I'm exactly the same as you mate. One minute I think this is the best industry ever, the next I see another window cleaner and start to think that the market place is saturated. Neurotic, I know.

Anyway, the truth is, this is a great industry. I work in an area that is replete with window cleaners but even I've been able to carve out about £1400 worth of work in 3 months.

I use a combination of leaflets, doorknocking and the services of Paul Bass at Doorknockers.

On Tuesday I did a quick £80 worth of work, had 3 mugs of coffee, picked up 2 new customers, chatted about the football and was home by 1pm to watch Arrested Development.

Honestly, there's no other job like it

Rik

valroyb

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:45:43 pm »
well thats cheered me up  ill keep you all posted rik mate £80 in a morning god going 8)

steveselvage

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:36 pm »
Loads of domestic everywhere knock doors when you havent any work,do not underprice as you will soon resent going there and be prepared for some d***heads to answer the door,do not let any refusals put you off knocking,be prepared for a lot of knockbacks but the work is there if you look.