Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Why Not A Truck Mount?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 05:39:32 pm »
when you use autofill on a portable does it have chemical injection? and does it not just fill the machine with cold water? are you filling with water from the kitchen sink?

so you have another hosepipe to connect and trail through the house not to mention trying to get a connector on the mixer tap. plus filling from an outside tap is hard if its a terrace house and some houses don't have a tap outside

autofill sounds good but its just a time consuming gimmick

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

stuart_clark

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »
About ten years ago, one of my Ashbys Ninjas had a pump im, pump out facility with chemical metering

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:00 pm »
Hi Guys

Apart from the obvious like speed,etc it is the ease of the clean which has made the most difference to me.

I hardly ever have any back issues since going TM, 5 years ago and when it is relatively quiet like now, my job is a doddle, in fact after 2 jobs tioday I went and did 8 miles on the cycle as I had so much energy left!

Cheers

Doug

wynne jones

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »
Hector is the reason you haven't sold it. And all his low rent buddies.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

*Hector*

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »
Hector is the reason you haven't sold it. And all his low rent buddies.  ;D

:o :o :o

rag spinning is the future...... you know it makes sense  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Glynn

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:27 pm »
Why not ask this question on the truck mounters board ?, someone here might know the web address of it.
Regards
Glynn

Tony Stewart

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 06:49:15 pm »
I had a year with a Prochem Steepro and used Prochem cleaning solutions and microsplitters from WOC. I worked out of a Chrysler voyager and leaned the art.
I wanted to have a go at commercials and also wanted to be more efficient as I am part time. I bought a truckmount and a Vivaro LWB van for more than Simon is asking.
Why because I could not carry on turning up to houses without a proper van and I wanted the grunt of a truckmount as I saw the versatility of a truckmount at the TACCA day
Did it make the phone ring .............No
Did I put my prices up...............No
Did I get a price rise...............Yes because I can do the job quicker and more efficiently. I can now work at £100 per truckmount hour.
Did my diary fill up more as a result...............No
Did I get more bookings..................Yes because I have a sign written van and people do come out to see what is going on.

I think people see it as a move up and become scared at the thought of will it break down. (Carry your portable in the back for a few weeks to give you comfort if you need)
Fuel wise I love it. It costs me about £4.50 an hour to run at full throttle. I love having fuel bills because what I can achieve in an hour is much better than a portable. Remember an hour is running time and not setting up collecting money etc etc.I like the heat it generates and I know that tons of crud and grease responds to heat better in my humble opinion.
I do not want to stir up an argument between low moisture, Texatherm, and microsplitters and cold water cleaning. It's horses for courses. Yes I have the portable but it has not been used. Yes I could use microspliiters and I still do. I just turned over to Hydramaster products for the basics.
Second floor flat.........drop the hoses out of the window and put a towel on the windowsill.
Job I did in a flat today I would have had to justify more of the stains I would have struggled to move.............the client could see the steam and accepted the fact that the odd stain was still there.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Simon Gerrard

Glynn

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:13 pm »
Yes but it could be a good backup unit for the already converted.
Regards
Glynn

maxcampbell

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:21 pm »
I used to be satisfied with my portys - I'd upgrade every 3 or 4 years, and ended up with a twin vac, auto fill with metering, apo, sign-written with my decals, and I did good work.

We went TM when my son joined the business, meaning we had to do more work per week, and I was getting fed up with the thought that we weren't offering the very best service possible.

Now the water is piping hot almost from the start, without using the custy's hot water, or electricity, the items are left much drier, and the whole set-up is so impressive that a porty user coming after us is going to look like a DIY'er.

We set up quicker, move the wand faster and have less down time.

So, why not a TM? Not busy enough, scared of maintenance or lack of experience of a decent TM.

Why not a £3k TM? Maybe it sounds too good to be true, maybe, like us, if you take the step up you want to go the whole hog & get a new one.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 06:59:38 pm »
I remember someone I sold his first TM to who said this after looking back on his porty days, 'I never made any money until I got a Truck Mount!' Now he prints the stuff, almost literally.

julianb

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 07:01:15 pm »
I would have bought it for more money but it would have been a downgrade when are you selling the Titan?

Glynn

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »
Might get one myself then.
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

Glynn

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 07:05:39 pm »
Would it make the job easier and more profitable.
Regards
Glynn

Glynn

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 07:11:15 pm »
Are they better than a bissel ?
Regards
Glynn

wynne jones

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:14 pm »
If you can't afford 3k then a TM is not the answer. What mystifies me is someone will spend not much less for a brand new porty with relatively poor suck, heat and flow rate. A truck mount can almost double your speed, is easier on your body and more reliable!
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Glynn

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:04 pm »
But how do you get them upstairs ?.
Regards
Glynn