Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike @ Facelift

Re: Gardiner sale
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:04 pm »
Interesting points....

dave0123

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »
No,because they're called lost leaders. If you're willing to sell me a pole at a loss then I'll buy one. So,are you telli g me that despite gardiners price reduction thy aren't making profit on the poles? I doubt it it just goes to show that they could have been this price in the first place. The more poles manufactured,the cheaper per head they become.

Why don't you offer a price match as equality is quality is obviously your regenesis

No am not saying there doing it at a loss in fact there probably still making a good profit from them, companies buy things for nothing you can tell this with b&q and tool station look at there differences in prices for things like bolts/screws/nuts you save a lot of money and there still making profit..
Dave.

SPE

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »
I really could'nt care less why gardiners have a sale on their carbon fiber poles to be honest.
Or fail to see its anyone elses business but theirs.
But I would like to know how much they have been reduced by as I can only see the current price on the web site and do not know what they cost before ?
thanks
Simon

ben M

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:51 pm »
I really could'nt care less why gardiners have a sale on their carbon fiber poles to be honest.
But I would like to know how much they have been reduced by as I can only see the current price on the web site and do not know what they cost before ?
thanks
Simon
too late mate, no more sale on slx!

dave0123

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:16 pm »
thanks
Simon

it tells u on the sizes and weights chart what they used to be and what they are now
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »

??? there still on sale
Dave.

elite mike

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »

??? there still on sale

i dont think so  :'(

SPE

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 08:16:42 pm »
thanks
Simon
As of when ? I looked on the web site a few mins ago and saw that it said sale
I dont need a new pole, I was curious thats all, so can anyone tell me what they are reduced by  ?

ben M

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:25 pm »
thanks
Simon
As of when ? I looked on the web site a few mins ago and saw that it said sale
I dont need a new pole, I was curious thats all, so can anyone tell me what they are reduced by  ?
NO MORE SLX ON SALE,do you understand?  ;D

dave0123

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 08:20:45 pm »
you need to refresh the page once you are on the pole page as the servers havent been updated properly yet.
Dave.

SPE

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:16 pm »
Ben M
no need to shout , I was typing as those replies were posted.
AND BY THE WAY THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION ,
as already said I do not need a new pole, I was curious that was all.

I really dont know why I bother coming on this website sometimes  ??? ::)roll

ben M

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 08:28:35 pm »
Ben M
no need to shout , I was typing as those replies were posted.
AND BY THE WAY THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION ,
as already said I do not need a new pole, I was curious that was all.

I really dont know why I bother coming on this website sometimes  ??? ::)roll

calm down mate,i was joking,  was about 15% off  ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:43 pm »
Poshgravie click on the specs page - it shows both prices.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/clx-slx-super-max-telescopic-poles.html

Should have gone to specsavers  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 08:43:08 pm »
Why Alex your poles are on sale? new ranges coming soon?
I heard it was so the people up north could afford to buy one  :o

mmeeooowww,spit spit scratch scratch

bobplum

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:35 pm »
I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T GO TO BUSINESS SCHOOL,otherwise i would probably know what this argument is about,but seeing as i am ignorant i am of too watch the football ;)

ben M

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:42 pm »
Poshgravie click on the specs page - it shows both prices.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/clx-slx-super-max-telescopic-poles.html

Should have gone to specsavers  ;D
no more sale on slx mate  ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

Winpoclean... You've missed the point. Dropping your price and dropping distributors is not "innovation"

My post is not about a product, it was geared towards provoking a debate about business practice...

Why suddenly drop the price of an entire range of poles which is welcomed by many as the best?

If this pole is "up there" then why can it not demand a higher price?

I cannot see why it matters what reason Gardiners have for their sale. That is up to Alex Gardiner and there's nothing to be discussed.

What each pole manufacturing company does in terms of their business is up to them. I don't give two hoots. All I care about is the quality, usage and price.

As for why 'this pole', if it's 'up there' then 'why can't it demand a higher price'? Sorry and I don't like to sound rude, but I couldn't give a stuff.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

WCE

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 04:56:19 am »
Well,  If you look at it this way it makes sense all the fuss!

Competitors see Gardiners as a batch producer ( misunderstanding  the market share and buying power that Gardiners have IMO) and want them to sell their product at a premium. Now what has got up the "others" noses is that by lowering the price of a popular product Gardiners have increased demand and have weakened chances of them gaining a market share by dangling a carrot out by offering the sale, it's called proactive marketing and the only reason that competitors are making a song and dance about it is because they know that it will weaken their chances of gaining said market share, they know this hence the fuss kicked up here, speculation and (even acknowledged by the competitors in previous posts) the fact that the membership of the forum are pro Gardiners.

One gets a feeling that they are following the lead that Gardiners have in the market and may have blown their R&D budget on a product designed to compete with say the SLX but at a price point that leaves the SLX at a higher cost and they can under cut  so now while I would call the Gardiners sale as a  business savvy move they see it as a shot in the backside!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »

In all seriousness, nothing wrong with a bit of stock clearing sale is there. Especially since it's apparently making way for a new range(?)

keyser soze

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 05:06:52 pm »
simple answer to all this hype . alex needs the money..... yachts dont come cheap .. come on a alex own up