Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The TACCA Scrutineer

Re: Enforcer or Storm
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:32 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Carl sands

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
Where are the moderators in this ZOO ?

nathanjd

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:48 pm »
Where are the moderators in this ZOO ?

Yes thanks Carl

Back to the subject please.

james roffey

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 07:51:21 pm »
With pleasure.

Your never going to be able to establish a definitive answer, the head to head test was carried out on utube between the Airflex the model below the Storm and the Enforcer, which resulted in different conclusions, Mat at Cleansmart suggested an independent test be carried out, so draw your own conclusions.
Bottom line is you have to decide yourself using all the evidence available, i have no idea what the credibility of John Martins technical claims are regarding the specifications etc, he appears to have a great deal of knowledge, but i feel that some history which i am not party to exists, due to his response.
I am not trying to antagonise him i simply asked him a question, because i was intrigued  about his wealth of knowledge on a subject he has gone to a lot of trouble to over the years to inform the rest of us about.

john martin

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 09:25:39 pm »
Your 9amps is too high ..

At  230v the most powerfull electro is rated 7.9amps .
But ' running use ' it will drop a couple of amps .

At 120v the same motor draws almost 16 amps ... but note on the link i put up  , larry cobb ( who tests motors extensively ) states  "  Usually draws 14 amps current in a typical extractor "

http://www2.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4762

The Ameteks Ashbys would have used in the past would have given about 210" lift and 95cfm for a pair in series .
The Enforcer is making 230"lift and 117cfm  , going by Cleansmarts measurements on youtube .

Sorry John but that's not right. The most powerful UK Electro motor is the Q6600-083A which draws 8.6 amps (which is slightly less powerful than the motor on your link). Best place for you to check that is with Electro motors.

With the wand on the floor (under load) the current will drop a few amps. However when you lift the wand up the amps go right back up (to not much different to 8.6 amps, assuming you have 2" orifice which high powered porties tend to have these days). It will drop a bit more if you are running longer hose runs. You should get hold of a clamp meter and try it out and then you will see for yourself.

That aside, Ashbys can't be using the high powered Electro motors you mentioned because they only have around 11 amps available to power both vac motors: 13 amps minus 2 amps for the 400psi pump = 11 amps for both vac motors. If they used one of the 8.6 amp motor the other motor would need to be 2.5 amps!

Have a look through the Electros here  ,  nothing at 9amps ... or even 8.6   :)

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/lighthouse.htm

Im not talking about a full restriction drop  , just am amp or two total system when you add hose wand etc .
I don't know if Manufactures stick to 13amps  ... the regular1400w three stage ameteks are over 7amps and two of those and a pump have been used on one cord before .